Hey there Splatterhouse, we haven't heard about you in a long while. Namco Bandai is still working on the game towards its November 23 release (December 17 in Europe) and has some new screenshots to prove it's coming along nicely.
Splatterhouse retells the story of the original 1988 game: Rick must save his girlfriend after she's been kidnapped by Dr. West, Rick's crazed college professor who's inhabiting a mysterious run-down mansion. After being fatally wounded by Dr. West's monsters, Rick finds the "Mayan Terror Mask" that transforms him into a hulking version of himself and sets out to annihilate anything in his path.
During the carnage, Rick is able to go into a Berserker Mode to really go to town on the monsters and take part in some retro side-scrolling sequences. Namco Bandai is throwing in a metal soundtrack to get players in a destructive mood as well:
- The Accused - "Pounding Nails"
- ASG - "Dream Song"
- Cavalera Conspiracy - "Must Kill"
- 5 Finger Death Punch - "Dying Breed
- Goatwhore - "Apocalyptic Havok"
- The Haunted - "Hallowed Ground"
- High on Fire - "Fire, Flood, and Plague"
- Invisible Enemies - "Dead Eyes"
- Lamb of God - "Walk With Me in Hell"
- Mastodon - "Blood and Thunder"
- Municipal Waste - "Rigorous Vengeance"
- Mutant Supremacy - "Morbid Dismemberment"
- Terrorizer - "Dead Shall Rise"
- Wolfshirt - "Headlong Into Monsters"