Can you ever have too many maps? Apparently not. Ongoing multiplayer support for Transformers: War for Cybertron sees five new maps and two playable characters.
Zeta Prime and Dead End, an Autobot and Decepticon, are part of 'Map Pack 2' as playable multiplayer characters. The five new maps are split between competitive multiplayer and Escalation. Fans of the latter can enjoy two maps, one for each faction, while the remaining three go toward competitive MP.
- Two new Escalation mode maps include:
- Pulse is an AUTOBOT map and allows players to take a journey inside the DECEPTICON giant TRYPTICON, challenging fans to explore his twisted interior corridors to overload the central power core located within.
- Static is a DECEPTICON map that thrusts players into a bevy of multi-level rooms riddled with environmental traps that can be used for their advantage.
- Three new competitive multiplayer maps include:
- Horizon is a picturesque statuary overlooking the war-torn AUTOBOT home city of Iacon, complete with wide open courtyards and tight spaces for close quarters combat.
- Sector is an old maintenance facility used by the DECEPTICONS during the legendary war and allows for open vehicle navigation, especially dive-bombing jets and those with long range weapons.
- Metropolis is set high above the clouds and drops players straight into the bombed out ruins of a high rise Iacon city building. Liquid energon drips from broken pipes and sparking electricity crackles from severed wires as it was once served as a fierce central battleground on Cybertron.
Plenty of screenshots to ogle.