While you wait a few years for the next mod in the excellent S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete series, this Redux mod for Call of Pripyat should tide you over nicely. Redux comes to us from ModDB user "Beac", and has just hit 1.0 following beta testing and eight months of hard work. Note he does recommend playing the vanilla game first if you haven't already due to potential bugs.
There are a massive amount of features which you can check out here; below are the highlights to get you started.
- Realistic combat, ballistics, weaponry, weapon names and descriptions.
- Artifacts have been overhauled with new names, descriptions and effects, leading to 50 brand new artifacts for you to find.
- Hundreds of new weapon variants, including entirely new Nimble weaponry.
- New ammo types, new food/medicinal items, 60 new flavour items, and more.
- Enhanced A.I thanks to integrated M.A.I.O.
- Improved graphics thanks to the optional, fully-integrated AtmosFear 2.1 and Absolute Texture Pack mods.
- Level changers between Zaton and Jupiter for free travel on-foot.
- Economy rebalance, mission rewards, trader pricing, goods value, all reworked to provide a more difficult experience as you try to survive.
The author says if this version is well-received, he'll likely begin work on 2.0, so leave your feedback via the source, where you can also donate and download.