Those who bought a digital version of strategy game Disciples III: Renaissance were treated to a fairly important patch recently, but if you're the old-fashioned type, today you can download the retail patch for English, German and French versions of the game.
Version 1.06.2 fixes issues relating to the AI and hotseat functionality, among others. For those experiencing the "Disc not found" error -- do not install this patch, but e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a specific fix.
Release notes are below; download the patch at the source.
Disciples III 1.06.2 Changes
- Fixed issue with arena interface skill icons unintentionally disappearing
- "Extra Attack" skill no longer grants a second attack or action while covering
- The game is now saved into the user's folder My Documents/My Games/Disciples III, allowing for users without Administrator rights to more easily save their games. Current saves will automatically be moved to the new folder
- Dexterity boosting potions now work correctly
- Pressing the "Quick Combat" button again allows players to halt a current Quick Combat battle
- Unit information during auto-combat will no longer be displayed
- Removed the ability to use skills, defenses or engage in combat while currently moving on the battle arena
- Issue fixed: melee units that approach targets but did not attack
- Issue fixed: on the hero management screen, the hero properties button was blocked, but not grayed out
- Issue fixed: in the "Hire" interface, the unit skills were not displayed in the unit information window
- Button "Disband Unit" now works similarly to the "Heal" button – first the unit is selected, and then the Disband button can be pressed
Hotseat Mode Fixes
- Issue fixed: inventory of the defending party could not be opened in Hotseat mode.
- Issue fixed: In Hotseat mode, when the defending party is victorious, "Defeat" is mistakenly displayed, and "Victory" is displayed if the attacker has won
- The Hotseat options have been fixed
- Fixed: defending side could not use skills in hotseat mode.
- Issue Fixed: The display of fog of war after using Alt Tab
- Fixed: if one player has researched a spell, no other players could research spells during the same turn
- Fixed: if a map is restarted in hotseat mode, spell research is unavailable during the first turn
- Units will no longer gain experience while moving on the map
- The city guardian in a town can no longer be swapped with a unit in the visiting hero's party
1.06.1 changes included in the patch:
- Fixed: user can no longer control enemy cities
- Fixed: in the tutorial player is able to enter town which is not his yet
- Resolved various achievement issues
- Fixed: loading screen not in full screen on large monitors with 16:10 aspect ratio
- Fixed: several skills descriptions
- Fixed: several text spills in info boxes