Last Friday, we were very excited to tease the strong possibility of Fable III coming to PC, marking the return of the series to the platform following 2005's excellent Fable: The Lost Chapters, and even more importantly, Microsoft's return to the platform.
Thankfully (and perhaps unbelievably), the rumor has proved true: today it's officially announced the game will be coming to Windows via retail; the digital download will be available exclusively on Games for Windows LIVE.
Unfortunately there's no word on whether or not Fable II will eventually make its way to PC gamers, but we'll be sure to keep you informed.
Alongside this, we learn the Xbox 360 version will come in a Limited Collector's Edition, priced at $79.99/£59.99/€84.99. Much of the extra goodies come in the form of DLC, which will be available to PC players as well. The CE is modeled after a book from the game itself, and includes the following:
- A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
- Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
- “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
- Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
- A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
- One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.
Last we checked, the 360 version of Fable III was set to launch by November 25, though Microsoft has asked us to clarify it's "Holiday 2010." If we understand correctly, this will be a simultaneous release across both platforms.