Under the agreement between the two companies, THQ will co-publish 16 Game Boy Advance titles featuring SEGA brands through March 2003 throughout North America.
"THQ has been the number one independent publisher on Game Boy platforms for the past six years and these three titles are an excellent start to our relationship with Sega," said Alison Locke, executive vice president, North American Publishing, THQ. "Continuing to deliver high quality content from world class game designers such as Sega is key to our strategy to maintain our leadership position in the handheld category through 2002 and beyond."
"Working together with THQ, Sega is pleased to bring Sonic and other popular Sega franchises to the Game Boy Advance," said Charles Bellfield, vice president strategic planning and corporate affairs. "Combining Sega's creative content and THQ's leading market position on the platform, this alliance will help us continue to deliver the Sega experience to an even wider audience of gamers."
"SONIC ADVANCE" marks the 2D return of Sega's mascot Sonic the
Hedgehog. Players must solve puzzles and avoid traps to foil Dr.
Eggman's evil plot with the help of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Amy. For the first time ever, players will be able to connect their Game Boy Advance to their Nintendo Gamecube system thanks to the innovative link feature found in "SONIC ADVANCE" and Sega's "SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE" for Nintendo Gamecube. "SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE" will be available on February 12.
In the classic puzzle game "COLUMNS CROWN," players collect magic gems in order to score points. Players can compete in single player mode or take part in two-player action via the Game Boy Advance Game Link. "PUYO POP" is another addictive puzzle game that challenges players to clear their screen of Puyo. Up to four players can battle it out with the Game Boy Advance Game Link.
The next three titles to release under the agreement between THQ and Sega will be "BASEBALL ADVANCE", available this spring for the start of the 2002 season; "THE PINBALL OF THE DEAD", available this summer; and "SMASH PACK", a collection of SEGA classics that will also be available this summer.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to get expert mission multiplayer, open beta, and Majin Vegeta 
- PlayStation Now coming to Windows, DualShock 4 wireless adapter launching next month 
- Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel arrives October 25, new features teased for multiplayer 
- Super Mario 64 releases on Wii U Virtual Console again August 25 
- For Honor collector's edition announced, surprise your loved one with helmets 
- The SNES turns 25 today, let's take a look back at some of our favorite games 
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI gets $90 25th anniversary edition, only 20,000 copies available 
- July NPD: Xbox One and 3DS earn victory during dry summer for new game releases 
- Alolan Raichu, Morelull, Team Skull and more revealed for Pokémon Sun and Moon 
- Pokémon GO bug causes Pokémon to break out of balls more frequently than intended 
- Final Fantasy XV delayed to November 29 
- Pokémon GO faces class action lawsuit over Pokémon spawns on private property 
- Mobile developers need to stop with the "honeymoon period" for their games 
- Pokémon GO 1.3.0 update rolls out field test for new tracking system, battery saver returns to iOS 
- Wed, Aug 24
- Super Mario 64 releases on Wii U Virtual Console again August 25
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI gets $90 25th anniversary edition, only 20,000 copies available
- Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel arrives October 25, new features teased for multiplayer
- Tue, Aug 23
- The SNES turns 25 today, let's take a look back at some of our favorite games
- PlayStation Now coming to Windows, DualShock 4 wireless adapter launching next month
- July NPD: Xbox One and 3DS earn victory during dry summer for new game releases
- Mon, Aug 22
- Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time reconfirmed for Nintendo NX release
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to get expert mission multiplayer, open beta, and Majin Vegeta
- PlayStation Plus to see price increase for bulk time plans starting September 22
- Rumor: Sony cutting current PS4 production to make way for improved models
Latest Net Reviews
|·||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Founders Edition|
|·||Intel SSD DC P3520|
|·||Plextor M8Pe(G) (German)|
|·||GPU Charts 2016 Single Card - 1080p, 1440p, UHD - AMD RX 470|
|·||Thermaltake Core P3|
|·||Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming|