ATI has released its 10.3 driver set, another major update to its latest video cards.
This latest version offers support for Mobility Radeon cards, further enhancements for Eyefinity users, and finally, 3D Stereoscopic support. There's also the usual range of performance improvements as noted in titles like Aliens vs. Predator, Crysis, Dirt 2, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, STALKER and HAWX.
Be aware these are slightly older than the 10.3 "preview driver" released last week. ATI says if you're content with that set, just stick with it until the next release.
Highlights are below; grab the drivers via the link near the bottom.
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 10.3 release includes:
ATI Catalyst™ support for ATI Mobility Radeon™ Premium Graphics solutions
- This release of ATI Catalyst™ introduces support for the production version of Microsoft ® Windows® 7 and Windows Vista® for notebooks featuring the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Mobility Radeon ™ HD 3000 Series, and ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series, and planned support future ATI Mobility Radeon ™ products.
- Supported by most major OEM and ODM notebook manufacturers
ATI Catalyst™ Control Center – ATI Eyefinity technology enhancements1
- Display Bezel Compensation
- Easy-to-use wizard shows users how to adjust their display layout to remove the pixels occupied by their display bezels2
- Per-Display Color Adjust
- Individual Color, Brightness, and Contrast controls
- Multiple ATI Eyefinity Technology Groups
- Create more than one ATI Eyefinity group from multiple displays
- Improved Display Configuration switching
- Support for ATI Eyefinity groups and the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center profile manager
- Easy to toggle between cloned and extended desktop modes
ATI Catalyst™ support for 3D Stereoscopic glasses
- AMD has updated its Direct3D (Quad buffer support) driver to enable 3rd party middleware vendors such as iZ3D to output stereo L/R images at 120 Hz (60 Hz per eye)
For more information on ATI Catalyst™ 10.3 (for Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, and Linux® versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the ATI Catalyst™ 10.3 release notes.
To download the driver, click here.