Battlefield: Bad Company 2 didn't see the smoothest launch on PC -- many gamers have reported a range of hinderances. DICE has been quick to improve, though -- a patch has just been released fixing most or all of the big issues, including the crashes to desktop in multiplayer.
The release notes are below; grab the patch through the EA Download Manager now, or through your file host of choice, where it should be available soon. The Steam version should be available now or shortly.
Single Player -
- Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
- Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
- Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
- Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
- Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
- Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
- Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes
Multi Player -
- Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
- Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
- Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
- Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
- Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
- Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
- Fixed: Display issue on long server names
- Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
- Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
- Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
- Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
- Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
- Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
- Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
- Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
- Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
- Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
- Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
- Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
- Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
- Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
- Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
- Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
- Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
- Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen
- Change: All clan tags will automatically be preceeded by [ and closed off with ] to prevent impersonating other players.
- Change: The STEAM version of Battlefield Bad Company 2 will no longer have SecuROM on the exe file. Instead it will use Valves own DRM instead.