A major patch for 2K Sports well-received Major League Baseball 2K10 has been released on Xbox LIVE this morning, covering gameplay, online play, My Player, and various other features and functionalities.
A second patch is already underway; PS3 players should know they'll be getting one too which will most likely be a combination of both patches. Unfortunately the PC version is not mentioned, but perhaps they'll get to it after the console stuff.
Read the release notes below and grab the patch now through LIVE.
• Fixed Inside Edge Batter Breakdown letter grade assignments on screen (cosmetic issue previously only)
• The correct ‘Player of Game’ was not consistently being chosen. It is now.
• Player of Game not consistent for all dialogs & audio, should be now.
• Fix for bug where head morphs changed when changing hair-style/length in create a player, also addresses extremely odd looking faces generated using randomize head option in create a player.
• Post Season pause menu stat issue - batting averages will be from the season, not post season as it should be.
• The loading screen would display a playoff *race* key game message, rather than a playoff key game message.
• In ReelMaker a wipe would not appear properly the first time, but it appeared if you played the reel again. Fixed.
• There was a case where the user had to press the button through button twice to advance to the next pitch. The intended behavior is to only have to press the button once.
• There was a stray camera cut after action replays, before advancing to the next batter.
• Fixes a bug with player stat leaderboards over specific timeframes: Last 10 Games, Last 30 Days, This Month, Last Month
• Breaking the consecutive game hit streak record was not being recorded and displayed on the Records screen. It is now.
• Bug where batting averages like .27777778 were not rounded up to .278 in the batter intro overlay when displaying split stats like "career vs. pitcher".
• Bug where franchise and career modes would display the incorrect year that players won a Gold Glove (shown in-game as "Top Fielder") award.
• Added Check Swings.
• AI Pitcher will no longer throw special pitches in a clutch moment (intentional walks, etc.).
• Fixed batter batting without a bat.
• Improved wall climbs and catches at the wall.
• Strike Zones are updated when a pinch hitter is brought in.
• User was unable to throw after queuing a throw before playing a wall collision animation.
• Composure is always affected on a mound visit.
• The fielding shadow was not drawing correctly vertically against walls.
• Show the pitch break arrows in two player games.
• CPU pitchers were staying in too long/throwing too many pitches.
• Sometimes a player wouldn't do a celebration.
• Incorrect 1st baseman behavior when a runner tried to advance from 3rd to home just as the 1B caught the ball.
• Umpires faced the wrong way when a runner stole 2nd
• Players would occasionally be called out on 2-man steal/pickoff animations when the ball didn't actually touch them
• There were several issues with double play behavior when one of the players was significantly out of position
• Players had a hard time making running tags
• Outfielders would occasionally play a casual-looking queued throw animation while there was a runner advancing
• The user would occasionally be unable to throw the ball to 1st base after fielding the ball and stomping on 2nd for a double play
• Fix for a bug in My Player where the “Break a MLB single season record” hall of fame goal was not being marked as completed when the user broke a single season record.
• Fix for a bug in My Player where broken pitching records were labeled as hitter records and broken hitting records were labeled as pitcher records on the timeline.
• The spotlight indicator option was not working, when you turned it off in My Player Setup Options it was still appearing.
• When playing as a catcher in My Player when you had to field bunts they were being hit to hard and the pitcher was fielding them.
• There was a crash when returning to landing screen after first round playoff games in career mode when you have a post season goal.
• My Player: The camera is fixed / focused on a patch of grass / the field as the Game recap screen transitions onto the screen at the ending of a My player game and
• My Player not always being put in appropriate place to see him when we draw the End Game recap in My Player games.
• Base coaches are in sitting pose during clutch moments in My Player.
• Fixed bug that caused players to end up on team select screen with no controller icons when trying to enter a Ranked Online Game.
• Online divergence bug caused by split stats being enabled in online games.