Atlus must like Fridays, because they've released new screenshots for two upcoming games -- one for PS3, one for XBLA.
3D Dot Heroes, if you can't remember, is their charming little RPG project with From Software and Silicon Studio's. The gameplay, we can assume, will be stellar after what Demon's Souls had to offer, but perhaps the most unusual aspect of 3DH is its visual inspiration: pixels. Everything in this game is composed of 3D pixels.
We've already seen how massive the swords are in 3DH, through a not-so-subtle advert filled with innuendos of performance enhancement. Or lack thereof.
Anyway, the screens below show off some of the swords you'll run into, each with a moderately informative caption to go with:
- Ancient Sword: The sword of the legendary hero, left in the Sacred Woods should evil arise again.
- Claymore: A massive blade that cuts down your foes!
- Excalibur: A sword of legend that will require you to gain favor with King Block to obtain it.
- Holy Sword: A sword forged in sacred water.
- Katana: A sharp, thin blade from the east!
- Rare Fish: ...? Really?
What do all those have in common (even the fish)? They're huge!
Not that Zeno Clash weapons make much more sense. The entire game is so crazy that even the ACE Team jokes about drug-use during development. Between you and me, I'm not so sure that's just a joke.
But hey, that is the best way to make a game, if true. Because then you just leave the gaming community slack-jawed and with a headache. The new Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition screens show Gnat off in various situations, from the Tower to training to... fighting his mutant brothers and sisters.