Update: Included a gameplay video released today. You'll find it after the break.
A new Dungeon Fighter Online update (titled "Threshold of Power") is set to roll out this Wednesday, January 27, and promises new challenges for players, despite lowering the difficulty a tad not too long ago.
The level cap is being pushed to 50, and new skills for each character class accompanies new Advanced Avatar Items, to help with the new quests. Hundreds of new items are also being added, along with some new bosses to go with additional dungeon content -- seven new areas, it looks like.
- Moonlight Tavern: There are friendly pubs where people get together to share a drink and a joke and The Moonlight Tavern is not one of those places. You’ll need to battle your way through a crowd of drunken sociopaths to take out their chief, Samm Jang.
- Odessa Streets: The streets of Odessa are running red as citizens battle invaders and each other for the rich treasures recently discovered beneath the sands outside the city. To escape the streets, players need to avoid being sent on a ride by Rocket Man.
- Verderia: Green means money, mutants and madness in Verderia, a city battling against greed-crazed invaders and the wicked syndicates of the Kartels. Michelle the Telekinetic won’t make things easy at the end of this treacherous city.
- Scoria Cove: This deep, artificial cave was excavated too close to Kya’ak Volcano, the Sanctum of Blaze. Atlas, Goliath and Titan are three vicious foes who won’t make conquering Scoria Cove a walk in the park.
- Labyrinth of Shadows: This shifting, almost living maze is the home of a powerful swordsman, Shadow Knight Sayoung, who guards the path to the Slums and hides deadly secrets – his own as well as that of the Labyrinth itself.
- The Catacombs: A force of evil skeletons wanders the Catacombs trying to bring their lost master back to the life. After smashing skulls, encounter the biggest of them all when you take on the Death Dragon Spirazzi’s Head.
- Frostfield: The native Bantus need your help after being ambushed by a strange, giant, walking tree. Discover the secret behind this bizarre monster and help the Bantus avoid being wiped out by crushing the dangerous Sasquatch.
Rarer Avatar Items offer players a significant boost, and you can pick up sets of eight for a greater effect. New quests include "The Slayers' Showdown" and "Defeat the Gangsters," which, judging by the screenshots, has something to do with Odessa.