So we hear you're into Mirror's Edge and likely own an iPhone. Well, if you're one of many who purchased the currently AT&T exclusive device and enjoy iPhone adaptations of major titles, then the upcoming Mirror's Edge app may be the perfect purchase.
The original Mirror's Edge, as most of us already know, brought some much-needed innovation to consoles and PC. As with most IPs trying something new, however, reception was mediocre despite a unanimous agreement that the industry needed more games like ME. While a sequel for core platforms is uncertain thanks to EA's recent decision to axe "high risk" properties, the publisher is expanding their mobile games department with Mirror's Edge for iPhone, coming in January 2010.
Not much has been said about it, though screenshots show one major difference, other than graphics: perspective. The iPhone version has dropped the first-person POV and despite the side-scrolling look, it's supposedly 3D.
Here's are some details, though they sound like a description of the original game:
- EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF MIRROR’S EDGE – A place where information is heavily monitored and law is brutally enforced in an effort to create the 'perfect' society.
- YOUR MISSION -Take control of Faith Connors, a member of an underground messenger group known as Runners, as she races to stop a deadly threat that has grown from within their own ranks.
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST… AND FASTEST – Use Faith's incredible acrobatic moves to outmaneuver the enemy –run on walls, slide down precarious ramps, ride ziplines, and leap between rooftops. Leave the enemy in your dust.
- EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT EXCITEMENT – Burn through 14 levels of the fastest, most fluid action imaginable. Dynamic camera angles capture the intense action of this unique game.
- HEIGHTEN YOUR SENSES- Immerse yourself in a stylish, graphically rich 3D environment flooded with realistic sound effects and phenomenal music.