A couple of worthy mentions appeared on the PlayStation Network today for PS3, from Hothead Games and Konami, respectively.
First up, Braid is finally on PSN after a whole lot of teasing, and gamers can pick up this unique and pretty platformer for $14.99 USD. Basically you're playing as Tim, leaping all over the lush painterly environments with time manipulation at your disposal. Solve puzzles, save a princess, and mess around with each stage's new power.
Some key features include:
- Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
- Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds, searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The game play is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
- Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique game play.
- Nonlinear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out these themes at your own pace, exploring playful “what if” universes.
- Forgiving game play. The game doesn’t force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can’t figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
On top of that, Konami's new 3D Frogger Returns is heading to PSN later this month for a low $4.99 USD.