Acting on doctor's orders, Atlus has stopped mocking everybody and released six digital download versions of their previously released PSP games that were notorious for being in short supply. Now they're readily available in the PlayStation Store for anyone who missed them the first time around or is just looking for something fresh -- and a tad offbeat.
Here's the six games, including the price, the amount of storage you'll need, and a brief description about the game:
- Crimson Gem Saga ($29.99, 783MB) - Offers an epic RPG adventure with some witty writing that's standard of any Atlus-published game.
- Hammerin' Hero ($19.99, 103MB) - A platformer where you hammer everything in sight.
- R-Type Command ($14.99, 148MB) - A strategic take of the ongoing R-Type series of shooters.
- Riviera: The Promised Land ($14.99, 478MB) - Turn-based RPG with tactical and dating sim elements. This was also released on the Gameboy Advance.
- Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament ($29.99, 125MB) - Mech vs. mech combat with a steampunk flair.
- Yggdra Union ($14.99, 535MB) - Card-based strategy RPG that was also released on the Gameboy Advance.
According to the press release, they had to do this to save themselves from injury:
"We've finally reached a point where, according to our physicians, any further laughing at our masterfully executed plan of never making enough copies of our games for everyone poses risks to our health," admitted Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales at Atlus. "In order to prevent illness, and because, hey, sometimes you just want to change things up, we're very pleased to offer PSP system classics via digital download. It may mean that we'll have to shut down our numerous online auction accounts, as we won't be able to hoard large quantities of our hard-to-find games and then slowly trickle them out at obscenely high prices anymore, but the end result will be better for everyone."