Easy to install inside a PC, the HP DVD-writer dvd100i drive enables users to create DVDs from their own videos using the DVD+RW format. Users also can transfer analog or digital video directly from a camcorder or VCR to a DVD disc(1), create and play digital music CDs and store large amounts of data safely and securely on both CD and DVD media.
"Using the premier DVD+RW standard, this drive will change the way people create and share their precious video memories," said John Spofford, vice president and general manager, HP Personal Storage Solutions. "With this drive, consumers can safely store large amounts of information, explore new ways to create custom video and music discs and share those discs with almost anyone who owns a DVD video player or DVD-ROM drive. And unlike videotape, the quality will last up to 100 years."
The HP DVD-writer dvd100i drive is bundled with HP MyDVD Video by Sonic Solutions, a direct-to-DVD solution for DVD recording and editing that provides consumers with an easy, step-by-step method to transform home videos into interactive DVDs.(1) Also included is HP Recordnow by Veritas to quickly and simply make custom music and data CDs and DVDs; HP DLA(2) to drag and drop files to CD or DVD directly from any application; Power DVD by Cyberlink to play DVD movies on PCs; and, HP Simple Backup(2) to store critical data reliably.
The HP DVD-writer dvd100i drive offers the following technical specifications:
-- IDE/ATAPI DVD+RW/CD-RW drive with buffer underrun protection technology;
-- 2.4x DVD (re-write), 8x DVD (read) speeds; and
-- 12x CD-R (write), 10x CD-RW (re-write) and 32x CD (read) speeds.
Availability and Pricing
The HP DVD-writer dvd100i drive is expected to be available in the United States in September at Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA and other retail outlets at an estimated U.S. street price of $599(3). HP also plans to include DVD+RW/CD-RW combination drives in selected configure-to-order and HP Pavilion home PCs later this year.
HP DVD+RW discs also are expected to be available in September at an estimated street price of $15.99(3).
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games 
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11 
- PlayStation helps put Sony back in black for FY2015 
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita 
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017 
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks 
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE takes the stage this June 24th with original JP voice acting and songs 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Tracer prepares her new victory pose for Heroes of the Storm starting April 19 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall 
- Tue, May 03
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11
- Mon, May 02
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
- Fri, Apr 29
- Kimishima: Nintendo to reduce Wii U production this fiscal year, 800,000 units expected to ship
- Mighty No. 9 is now a summer 2016 release according to EB Games
- EA hypes Battlefield announcement at World Premiere event on May 6
- Thu, Apr 28
- Pikachu-themed Pokkén Tournament controller announced, duke it out with the electric mascot
Latest Net Reviews
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!|
|·||Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire XTi|
|·||SteelSeries Rival 300 (German)|
|·||ASRock Z170 Extreme4|
|·||Silverstone ST70F-TI (French)|