We previewed co-op zombie shooter Killing Floor's free Heavy Metal Content Pack last month, so if you haven't had a look, head over here for the details. In short, two new weapons (AK-47 and Katana) are included, as well as a new map, known as "Foundry."
Since then, developer Tripwire Interactive has cooked up a series of updates and tweaks, as well, which are listed below.
• Added "On Fire" behavior to all Specimens. When a specimen burns a certain amount, they will now freak out and behave like a burning zed should, making the flamethrower more effective.
• Updated the flashlight to look and act in a more realistic fashion.
• Added smoke to the Scrake's Chainsaw.
• Adjusted the spawning of the Patriarch boss character to prevent cases where the boss was spawning too close to players.
• Adjusted Bullpup's firing sound to have more bass.
• Adjusted "Crisp up" settings for some of the Specimens when on fire.
• Updated Mutator and Map White Lists (see Killing Floor forums for more details)
Minor bug fixes:
• Fixed Scrake's head glowing when decapitated.
• Fixed "The Long War", "The Hard War", and "The Completely Suicidal War" achievements not unlocking.
• Fixed known exploits on KF-Farm, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-WestLondon.
The content and update are available now through Steam; Killing Floor is currently on retail shelves in the UK, and should be in the US and Canada any day now.