BFG recently announced a pair of GeForce cards designed for the well-heeled enthusiasts among us. The BFG GeForce GTX 285 H2O+ and GeForce GTX 295 H2OC graphics cards come equipped with ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solutions which is a self-contained liquid cooling solution that is preassembled and ready to go out of the box; the closed loop systems never need refilling or additional components and are designed by CoolIT Systems.
The coolers have three different settings - Auto, Quiet, and Maximum - to give the user control over cooling performance and acoustics. An added benefit is the units have an external exhaust to help reduce internal case temperatures; BFG is claiming a 30°C cooling advantage over standard air cooled models using this setup.
The cards also come overclocked from the factory which is another reason water cooling comes in handy. You can check out the specs below to see the boost in both core and memory clock speeds.
BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2OC with ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solution
- Memory: 1792MB (1.8GB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 675MHz (vs. 576MHz standard)
- Shader Clock: 1458MHz (vs. 1242MHz standard)
- Memory Data Rate: 2214MHz (vs. 1998MHz standard)
- Processor Cores: 480 (combined)
BFG GeForce GTX 285 H2O+ with ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solution
- Memory: 1024MB (1GB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 691MHz (vs. 648MHz standard)
- Shader Clock: 1566MHz (vs. 1476MHz standard)
- Memory Data Rate: 2592MHz (vs. 2484MHz standard)
- Processor Cores: 240
The cards are being offered in limited quantities through Newegg in the U.S. and in the U.K. through leading online retailers. The GeForce GTX 295 H2OC is currently available for $849.99 with the GeForce GTX 285 H2O+ scheduled to appear around August 12.