World in Conflict has been out a couple years now almost, but developer Massive Entertainment is still keeping on with support, releasing their 11th patch for the game today; version 1.011 brings four new multiplayer maps in new settings, balance tweaks, and bug fixes.
Below is your changelog; grab the patch via your source link of choice at the bottom.
- Four new multiplayer maps:
- do_Apocalypse - Deep in the jungles of the Mekong, Soviet and U.S. forces struggle for possession of a vital intelligence dispatch.
- do_Canal - A tranquil canal divides Soviet and NATO forces as they fight for control of a small French Village.
- do_Studio - In an attempt to crush the morale of the hated Americans, Mother Russia has decided to attack the heart of their enemy’s entertainment industry!
- do_Tequila - A sleepy Mexican village is shaken out of its siesta by the sound of roaring Soviet and U.S. tanks.
Units and balancing:
- All Anti-Air Strike timings are now much more similar, based on the USSR version.
- NATO Air-to-Air Strike has a changed animation of the airplane and is now identical to US and USSR.
- NATO Air-to-Air Strike missiles now have the same speed as on the US and USSR Air-to-Air Strike.
- Visual change: Ground marker on the Air-to-Air Strike changed to more accurately reflect target area. This does not in any way affect the functionality of the TA.
- Infantry squads now drop with a larger spread.
- Infantry squads now have a larger formation spread after move orders.
- Forest clearing has been removed from all units except for artillery units and special abilities on medium tanks.
- Medium Helicopters has had a decrease in health.
- Medium Helicopters has had a decrease in missile and cannon range.
- Medium Helicopters now has decreased cannon blast damage.
- US Medium Helicopters can now fire at targets behind it, making it more similar to the other factions.
- Medium Artillery has had its maximum range decreased.
- Medium Artillery Special Ability now has increased reload time.
- Medium Artillery now receives less reload time improvement when leveling up.
- Visual change: Changed the special ability effect on US/NATO Medium Artillery to a larger WP cloud, lingering flames and slight terrain deformation. Overall duration now matches gameplay effect.
- Tweaked deployment zones on do_Mauer in favor of USSR.
- Tweaked deployment zones on do_Fjord in favor of NATO.
- Changed the health of a stone bridge that had 50% more health than it should. All bridges should now be destroyable with two Laser Guided Bombs.
- Fixed a bug where infantry squads would sometimes get deselected when a member of the squad died.
- Fixed a bug where Sniper units inside buildings would sometimes fire at units they did not have line of sight to.
- Fixed a bug where infantry would run out of the forest when dropped from a helicopter.
- Fixed a bug where the LOS shader would in some cases calculate incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the movement lines in the megamap would remain after the units had been ordered to stop.
- Fixed a bug where the stone bridge used on do_Canal and as_Hillside would move when terrain was deformed close to it.
- Fixed a bug where the server would crash when certain orders were stacked.
- Fixed a bug that caused heat-haze not to render.
- Slight tweaks to USSR Medium Artillery special ability: crater size is more consistent, and the effect no longer occasionally fails to play an impact sound.