A wise man once said, "The true test of a game's mettle is whether or not the community releases patches for it eight years after release." Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (made by some of the original Fallout team) is one such game, with a fan-made high-resolution patch being released just today, meaning gamers from days of yonder (2001) can play it proper with their fancy monitors of today, with the graphical detail and breadth we're used to.
Here are the features listed:
- Full support for any resolution.
- All elements of the interface perfectly centered.
- All elements of the interface remain their original size with no custom graphics in any resolution.
- Full compatibility with any mods that are based off the 22.214.171.124 version.
- Full compatibility with older save games.
- Improved Compact UI. Can now be accessed anytime by pressing F10.
- Optional larger dialog and logbook fonts.
Its maker went through weeks of heavy reverse-engineering and debugging to get it out there, so you darned kids better appreciate it!