PopCap Games truly deserves credit for turning "casual gaming" into such a huge and lucrative business. Now their ultra-addictive Peggle game is headed for Xbox LIVE Arcade, expected to be made available on Wednesday, March 11, for 800 MS Points.
“Peggle has become a cult gaming phenomenon, crossing over and becoming as big a hit with hard core gamers as it has with casual players. This makes XBLA the perfect platform for the game,” stated Greg Canessa, PopCap's VP of video game platforms.
The new version of Peggle for the 360 will feature online multiplayer (up to 4 players), 2-player Duel mode, DLC support, Achievements, leaderboards, HD graphics, "and more." Other features -- new and old -- include:
• A deep single-player experience, featuring 55 levels of ball-bouncing madness, 10 unlockable Peggle Masters, 75 Challenge mode levels, Quick Play Mode and more
• Two different multiplayer modes, letting the gamer experience Peggle competitively online for the first time ever (TrueSkill ranked or player match)
o 2-player Duel Mode, playable locally or over Xbox LIVE
o 4-player Peg Party Mode, playable over Xbox LIVE
• Rich online leaderboards, spanning single player and multiplayer modes
• View instant replays of the highest scoring shots to learn a thing or two from true Peggle masters
• 12 Xbox LIVE Achievements
• Downloadable content support
• 720p HD graphics and surround sound
• Brand new animated backdrops set the mood for your favorite character
• Compelling trial experience featuring Adventure, Quick Play and Challenge Modes, allowing players to try out 3 of the 10 available Peggle Masters