Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is the expansion pack of Neverwinter Nights 2. It sets players back to the Forgotten Realms after the ending of the original game. Face new enemies and see new areas now included.
Set in harsh, spirit-rich Rashemen, near the powerful nation of Thay, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer presents players with an exciting new 20-30+ hour campaign filled with meaningful choices, rich characters, and surprising outcomes. Continue the adventure of your Neverwinter Nights 2 character or create a completely new epic hero – no previous Neverwinter Nights experience required. Hundreds of new gameplay options include epic levels; feats, spells, races, and classes; powerful weapons, armour, and crafting options; and hordes of diverse creatures.
- Major improvements to the Neverwinter Nights franchise: enhanced graphics, including extensive use of specularity, environment effects, and normal maps; improved performance; streamlined party control; and an easier to use and more powerful toolset. Experience Neverwinter Nights 2 at its best.
- Epic storyline provides the most riveting RPG experience since Planescape: Torment, with the compelling characters and plotlines for which Obsidian Entertainment is renowned. Play the official campaign either alone or online with your friends.
- Stunning new environments include the Astral Plane, sunken Imaskari ruins, a Thayan wizard academy, and the Shadow Plane. Immerse yourself in the Forgotten Realms as you've never seen it before.
- Explore an amazingly reactive world, where your decisions affect those around you and the passage of time realistically impacts gameplay.
- Switch seamlessly between exploration and tactical combat with the immersive, over the shoulder view of Character Mode and the top down perspective of Strategy Mode with its RTS-like controls.
- Combat and negotiate with dozens of new creatures including many D&D favourites such as blue dragons, treants, hags, solars, and the two-headed fell troll.
- Choose from over 20 classic and exotic D&D races, including the new genasi: planetouched humanoids hailing from the elemental planes of air, earth, fire, or water.
- Customize your character with over 60 epic feats including the monk's Blazing Aura, the rogue's Epic Precision, and the druid's Dragon Shape.
- Master more than 50 new spells, including epic spells such as mass fowl, damnation, and vampiric feast.
- Play new D&D classes such as the Red Wizard of Thay, spirit shaman, and invisible blade.
- Collect souls from defeated foes to create mighty artefacts using an expanded item enchantment system.
- Create your own D&D adventures to play with friends online with enhanced modding tools.
 Hardware Requirements
•Operating System: Windows XP
•Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2000 or equivalent (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 or equivalent (or higher) recommended)
•Memory: 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)
•Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB Free
•DVD-ROMDrive: 4X Speed (8X Speed or higher recommended)
•Video: 128 MB Shader Model 2.0-compatible video card (256 MB Shader Model 3.0-compatible video card recommended)*
•Sound: Windows XP-compatible sound card
•Multiplayer: Local area network with TCP/IP protocol or Broadband Internet connection
•DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c of higher * Indicates that device should be compatible with DirectX version 9.0c or higher.