The eight installment of the most popular NFS Series. Need for Speed Underground 2 shows the wildness of every cars racing in the streets of Bayview. Get petrified in every revs of engines rushing to the finish line. Be the star of all magazines by getting yourself captured by the hottest car magazines.
Dozens of performance parts are can be applied. It ranges from engines to turbos. Amazing modification are can be done in the cars. More than body kits or rims, it also allows neons, speedometer changing, stereos, hydraulics, spinners, and more.
Experience the tight realistic street racing life. Enter circuit, sprint, drag, drift, street X, and URL races. And another race type is Outrun. Your enemies' cars will depend on your ride's performance. Enter any of this races unprepared may lead you to losing the race.
- Free-Roaming City: Travel miles by roaming around the Bayview. You can cruise the whole city if you want to. You may encounter random racers that you can challenge on outrun races.
- Emergent Gameplay: If you want to be a street racer star, try to find the lucky point. In every second, any race may happen. Any events may be held. Pimp and modify your car to the max to be able to compete with other faster racers. More upgrades are featured like specialties.
- New Gameplay Modes: Three new gameplay modes are added to last year's circuit, drift and drag competitions, challenging gamers to hone their skills in a number of driving disciplines.
- Performance Modification: Change every angle of performance of your ride. There is engine, ECU, transmission, suspension, brakes, weight, NOS, and turbo that can be changed. There's also a dyno that may make your ride a "Rocket Ride"...
- The Hottest Cars: More than thirty of the most sought-after tuner cars are available from the hottest manufacturers-from Nissan Motor Co., Toyota, and Mitsubishi Motors and more -- if they're hot on the street, they're in the game.
- Visual Pimping: Later than the past few years, Underground's tuning level was sky-high. It enables the changes of headlights, brakelights, speedometer, doors, and even the suspension. Try to be the first to have scissor doors and special hoods.
- Magazine Covers: Feature yourself on the coolest and hottest car lifestyle mags like Import Tuner. You can enter this events if you have the car that has the looks for the magazines. In order to enter this events, your car must reach a specified rating level that ranges from 0 to 10 stars.
- Environmental Variety: Each of the five distinct neighborhoods in Need for Speed Underground 2 feature a unique look and feel, including varied driving conditions and track types. Road surfaces, real-time weather effects, and environmental hazards will keep gamers on their toes as they race from dusk till dawn.
- Online: Gamers can put their reputation on the line, challenging the world's best racers online for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
 Hardware Requirements
Windows 98, 98 Second Edition, ME, 2000 Professional, XP Professional,
or XP Home operating system
Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) CPU running at 933MHz or higher
32MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (Geforce2 or higher) using a
supported chipset (see below)
256 MB RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
2 GB of HD space
To play online a network card is required for broadband connectivity