Need for Speed SHIFT replicates the true feeling of racing high-end performance cars like never before. Players are thrust into the heart of the action with immersive and exciting features including a stunningly realistic first-person cockpit view camera and an all-new crash mechanic, providing an unrivaled sensation of the speed and feeling of racing a car on the extreme edge of control.
The all-new driver profile is the ultimate extension of the true driver’s experience. This system gives each player a unique persona based on a player’s driving skill and style - aggressive or precise. Driver profile impacts how a player unlocks cars, overall career progression and online matchmaking. In Need for Speed SHIFT, how you drive is who you are behind the wheel.
- True driver's experience: A true driver's experience includes a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia, and G-forces. The depth of field adjusts based on the speed of the car, so when the car is travelling at high speeds the perspective shifts to the distance putting the car/cockpit out of focus.
- Enhanced A.I.: The sophisticated A.I. system means your races are more exciting than ever before. Opponents react and perform based on your aggression and overall driving skill, creating race experiences for all skill sets.
- Dynamic crash effect: When you hit a static object or opponent's car, you'll feel the damage. A combination of visual and audio effects leaves you disoriented and briefly disrupt the race.
- Total customization: Need for Speed SHIFT features a comprehensive customization option letting you tailor every aspect of the car's performance and styling. Go under the hood to upgrade and tune your vehicle to increase its performance. The visual customization system allows you to personalize both the exterior and trick out the interior to reflect individual style and preferences.
- More features to come: Additional gameplay features will be unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June 2009.
 Hardware Info
PC OS - Windows XP (Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) / Windows 7 CPU - 1.6GHz Intel Core2 or faster/AMD X2 3800+ or faster RAM - (Windows XP) 1 GB RAM; (Windows Vista/Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM Hard Drive - 6 GB DVD-ROM - 8 Speed Video Card - 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible Direct X - DirectX 9.0c compatible Online Multiplayer - 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 players Input - Keyboard, Mouse Optional - USB Steering Wheel/ Dual Analogue Gamepad
- Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X1800 or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.