This 2001 installment from EA features a higher polygon count, new moves, realistic stadium and crowd reactions and interactive coaches. Players earn points that go towards new championship teams, Create-a-Player options and player rating bonuses.
- High poly count player models that use cyberscan technology for incredibly detailed player heads and lifelike skin textures.
- Ultra realistic stadium environments that feature animated player benches and a highly detailed crowd.
- See player personalities and emotions come out on the sidelines - in game and in the transitions: arguing calls, encouraging their teamates, etc.
- Animated bench sequences
- Post-basket reactions
- More player interactions
- Multiple post-game celebrations
- For the first time, you have complete control in the low post, allowing you to experience what it is like to play among the giants in the paint.
- Back your defender down and then select from a number of different post moves such as an up and under layup, jump hook, and turn around and fade away jump shots.
- Feel the contact and battle for position, finishing off your defender with a monster dunk.
- New approach to speech captures the essence of the interaction between the play-by-play and color commentators
- Bob Elliott adds new in-depth play analysis
- All-new color commentary provides for more intelligent and relevant interaction with game play-by-play.
- Play with the greats of the game, including Michael Jordan - one-on-one or five-on-five.
- New sountrack
 Hardware Requirements
166 MHz Pentium (266 MHz recommended)
16 MB RAM (32 MB recommended)
SVGA video card (2 MB video card recommended)
3-D accelerator (recommended)
Internet connection (for online play)