EA Sports returns with another installment of their NBA Live franchise. This time around NBA Live 2004 lets you call authentic plays from each NBA Team's playbook. All new animations gives an even more realistic look than ever before. Improved A.I. now makes it harder to gain that offensive rebound inside the paint. Play in anyone of the real NBA cities like Houston, Phoenix and New York each with their own fully replicated arena.
- Play the Point: With a single button, run authentic offensive and defensives sets for every NBA team—be the point guard on the floor, responding to the flow of the game. Whether you prefer the triangle of the Lakers or the vintage Jazz pick and roll, you're in control.
- EA SPORTS Freestyle Control: By using the right analog stick, Freestyle Control provides complete freedom to express your game and makes for the ultimate authentic basketball gaming experience. It's a complete revolution in the way basketball games are played.
- Battle Inside: New animations, new AI logic, and enhanced focus on rebounding battles in the paint make playing defense a way of life. Defense wins championships and in LIVE 2004, defense has caught up with the offense.
- Build a Dynasty: Revamped Dynasty mode allows you to import your top college players—run your franchise the way you want in order to build the perennial NBA champion.
- Customize Your Game: Customize gameplay with a multitude of AI sliders that allow players to tune the game's feel.
- Championship Graphics: With player models redone from the ground up, this is the most visually immersive NBA game to date. Feel like you're sitting courtside with improved player renders including details as fine as the mesh holes in your team's jerseys.
- New Announcer Team: No voice says NBA basketball more than Marv Albert, the most recognizable announcer in the game. Mike Fratello, "The Czar of the Telestrator," teams up with his on-air partner to provide the most authentic play-by-play commentary available.
- Old School: Play with historic teams in classic arenas to explore the NBA's history. Lace up with the Bulls of the '90s, the Celtics and Lakers of the '80s and take to the parquet floor of the old Boston Garden and other vintage NBA arenas.
- Authentic Arenas: Take your game to any of the 29 NBA arenas, fully rendered to their finest detail to include championship banners, retired jerseys in the rafters and more. Referees and courtside photographers add to the genuine game-day feel.
 Hardware Requirements
Windows XP, Me, 2000, or 98
600 MHz or faster processor
128 MB RAM or more
16x or faster CD/DVD drive
1.5 GB or more free hard drive space
DirectX 9.0a compatible video card
DirectX 9.0a compatible sound card
Keyboard, mouse, or gamepad
Video card with 32 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: NVIDIA GeForce or greater; ATI Radeon 7200 or greater; SiS 315 or 400; Matrox Parhelia
Multiplayer requires a 56 Kbps or faster connection
Internet, Network (2 - 8 players); Single System (up to 4 players)