NBA LIVE 06 builds upon the depth and authenticity that the NBA LIVE franchise has delivered for more than a decade and that made last year the best-selling version in the history of the series. With advancements in gameplay and enhanced player graphics, the sport of basketball is elevated to a whole new level in NBA LIVE 06 with the superstars of the game looking and playing more like their real-life counterparts than ever before. Players can feel the emotion and intensity of the complete basketball experience with an up-tempo, fast-break, and physical brand of basketball that yields improved play in the transition game and real-life collisions in the paint.
- Freestyle Superstars: You are in control of the top NBA stars, performing like their real-life counterparts based on distinct character types, including Power, Playmaker, Stopper and more.
- Authentic 5-on-5 Gameplay: The all-new animation system helps to visually present the up-tempo, fast-break brand of basketball that makes the NBA thrive. Also featured, is an improved transition game and a more physical brand of play with collisions and dunked-on scenarios.
- New Player Visuals: A new graphics engine now has player models not only playing and acting like their real life counterparts, but looking the part with striking detail and realism.
- The Voices of the NBA: Joining Marv Albert is new color commentator and former NBA star Steve Kerr. The on-air TV partners call the 5-on-5 action, while Ernie Johnson and Kenny Smith bring their own unique flavor to the Slam Dunk Contest and 3-Point Shootout.
- NBA All-Star Weekend: NBA All-Star Weekend is better than ever as it allows users to create new jaw-dropping dunks in the Slam Dunk Contest. Also featuring the 3-Point Shootout, Rookie Challenge and NBA All-Star Game, All-Star Weekend is available as a stand-alone game mode as well as within Dynasty mode.
- EA SPORTS Online: Users can play online with the PlayStation®2 and Xbox LIVE against opponents from anywhere in North America.
 Hardware Requirements
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP
(Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE and Windows ME are not
- 1.0 GHz Intel Pentium III or higher
- 256 MB RAM
HARD DRIVE SPACE
- 1580 MB free hard drive space
(additional space required for DirectX 9.0c installation, Internet
Explorer 6.0 SP1 installation and Windows swap-file)
- 32 MB DirectX 9.0c Compatible Video card
(see supported video cards in section 1.c)
- 16x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive using 32-bit CD-ROM driver
- Sound card with DirectSound support and DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
- DirectX 9.0c