NASCAR Thunder 2002 uses a new graphics engine and is packed with features like dynamic track environments, realistic car damage, driving assists for beginners, multiple racing modes, and all 23 NASCAR tracks.
- The most NASCAR drivers: Over 60 drivers from the 2001 season including every active NASCAR star, rookie, and veteran.
- All the NASCAR tracks & manufacturers: For the first time on console, race all 23 tracks including the new Chicagoland and Kansas City Speedway venues. Race a Pontiac, Chevrolet, Ford, or eve Dodge.
- New graphic horsepower: With an ultra fast new rendering engine from the team that brought you Madden 2001, EA Sports ups the ante with a full field of cars on the track. Cars dent and crumple as they collide, and body parts can fly off and hit other cars. Other damage effects include tire donuts on body panels, paint scrapes, tire smoke, and oil fires.
- New Career Mode: Race for the championship over multiple seasons. Choose a manufacturer, paint your car, and then earn offers and decals from new sponsors based on performance. Use your race winnings to equip your crew and vehicle, increasing horsepower, handling, and pit crew performance.
- New easy play features: Novice drivers can hit the track without hitting the wall by using optional driving aids designed to assist acceleration, braking, and stability until they're ready for the next level