The game will follow the storyline of the television series and will take advantage of the Wii Remote in fast-paced ninja action for up to four players in nine different gameplay modes. The next generation in NARUTO games will also include all new character animations, new interactive environments and special mini-games created exclusively for the Wii Remote.
- 14+ available characters - Among the available characters will be original characters such as Naruto, Sasuke or Sakura, but other characters will include some never seen before in the Clash of Ninja series. Plus, the characters will have all new animations for the Wii!
- Battle it out in one of six stages - Each of the six stages will have two distinct combat zones that allow players to beat their opponent in one stage and then continue to pile on the punches as they transition to the next combat zone.
- Exclusive content for North America - This game will include all new game effects, new interactive environments and an all new special attack animations which will deliver exclusive content for North America.
- Various game modes - Game modes include: story mode, score attack, timed attack, survival, 2P Versus, 2P Score Attack, 2P Survival and 1-4 Multiplayer Versus.
- Three special mini-games created especially for the Wii Remote - Shuriken Throw, Rasengan Training and Shadow Clone Trick.
This game is also known as Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX in Japan.