Nancy Drew enters a circle of fear and crime as she explores a seaside amusement park that's swirling with secrets. An antique carousel horse has been stolen and now, late at night, the merry-go-round begins operating on its own. Are the painted ponies searching for their missing lead horse or is there another explanation for these midnight rides? The answer is well hidden and finding it will take courage and skill.
Nancy is invited to the Jersey shore to investigate a series of mishaps that have occurred at the Captain's Cove Amusement Park. The missing lead horse was stolen from the carousel and now, the roller coaster has lost power resulting in a serious accident. Although the park is closed until the insurance company can investigate the accident, several workers still remain on site. Those workers include the park's bookkeeper, Joy Trent, who has a peculiar robot companion named Miles; the chief engineer, Ingrid Corey; Harlan Bishop, the security officer and Elliot Chen, the park's art director. Nancy starts investigating and learns about the reclusive genius, Rolfe Kessler, who carved the carousel in his long forgotten hidden workshop. She also discovers the sad history of the park's former owner, Daryl Trent, who created the robot, Miles, for his daughter Joy. He hid puzzles and riddles about the park to reunite his daughter with her past. Nancy can only discover the truth behind the haunted carousel after solving a series of puzzles and avoiding several deadly traps.
Play the part of Nancy Drew on a not-so-merry ride with danger! You must explore every inch of the Captain's Cove Amusement Park o investigate a series of frightening accidents. Examine the inner workings of the antique carousel as you search for who, or what, is behind its mysterious midnight rides.
- In-game journal that helps players keep track of clues
- More than 30 activities and puzzles that tie directly to the storyline and give important clues
- Original, high-quality music and sound effects
- Built-in game hints for players who want them i.e., "phone a friend"
- Ability to conduct collaborative sleuthing with family and friends
- Diverse, eclectic and defined characters
- Lifelike amusement park environments, including a carousel, roller coaster, haunted house and a security booth
- Enhanced dynamic sound system and real-time lighting effects
- 20+ hours of gameplay
- "Second Chance" option — no need to start over
Two difficulty settings, Junior and Senior Detective, so both experienced and new detectives can have fun
 Hardware Requirements
200 MHz Pentium Processor
16 MB of RAM
160 MB hard drive space
16-bit colour graphics card
16-bit Windows-compatible stereo sound card
8X CD-ROM drive
Mouse and speakers