The Mortal Kombat francaise is once again back and newer, and more different, then ever. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is not a sequel to Deception, neither is it a prequel of any kind. Shaolin Monks starts off where Mortal Kombat 1 ended and ends in Mortal Kombat 3 and is promised to not only retell the story of Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, but make it more indepth and better.
The game will have both single-player and cooperative modes. Moving away from the arcade style fighting and basing more on multi ememy fights. The game is also featuring the return of Deathtraps from Mortal Kombat Deception
- Multi-directional attacks: Execute attacks in any direction at any time with unique animations and properties for every direction.
- More kombat moves: More Fatalities, new Multalities, Brutalities, and Classic Special Attacks such as Kung Lao's hat throw and Liu Kang's fireballs.
- Weapon kombat: Discover weapons throughout your journey and use them to devastate enemy kombatants.
- Interactive environments: Melt enemies in acid pits, impale them on spiked ceilings, and hang them from hooks.
- Kombat lore: Revisit classic Mortal Kombat stages in 3-D, and fight and interact with a slew of classicMortal Kombat characters, such as Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Kitana, and Goro.
- Character customization: Choose how to spend experience points gained from battle, augment your hero's abilities with feats of agility and unlock new unique attacks for each character.