Mortal Kombat II review
Mortal Kombat II
1. Characters - They are really cool and you have a wide selection.
2. Graphics - They look real smart and may be the best the SNES has to offer.
3. Moves - The Moves are very stylish with Fire Balls to normal kicks.
4. Arcade Mode - Battle your way to the top defeating everyone who stands in your way!
5. Controls - So easy to work with.
6. Sound - Like all SNES Games the sounds are amazing, this one is no exception!
7. Replay Value - You can play this over and over and still have fun!
8. Finish Him! - Do what you want here! Whether you turn him into a baby, kill him brutally or just punch him is up to you!
1. Unavailability - It's sad I know but it will be hard to find the game available. Maybe online...
2. Same sort of thing throughout the game, fighting the same sort of battles and the moves get a bit repetitive at times. There are different modes you can select, but in the end it's the same thing.
Mortal Kombat II (MKII) is one of, if not the best Super Nintendo game available. Every feature in the game is very good and the characters will just blow you away! Probably the most detailed SNES game out there and a must for all Classic SNES fans. If you loved Mortal Kombat then this is the right step ahead as it is just an updated version of that basically! The Finishers are superb as you can do whatever the hell you want! Turn him into a baby for laughs or just murder him viciously. It will be hard for you to find the game though so try an online auction site. Don't give up the dream of buying this! However, you may get quite bored of it if you're not into these games. As I've said, there's a lot of replay value, but for the gamers that don't enjoy kicking ass, it's going to get a little sameish for them.
If you have Mortal Kombat, the first one, then don't expect a massive change when you play this version. It's basically the same with a few extra characters and some taken out, even if you don't enjoy the movies or have never watched one, it doesn't matter too much. I'm not a fan of the movies, only seen one, but I still got a kick out of this game..
The Mortal Kombat series is expanding, there are games even coming out today. But they are all similar, so if you didn't like this game, don't spend all your money on the new one (which is Mortal Kombat: Deception, as a write this.) Rent it first maybe...but after playing this as a child, for a long time, I can definetly say I enjoyed it.
The 4.8/5 rating may be a tad generous, but it helped the Super Nintendo hold a steady reputation in the industry, along with such classics as Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda. Essentially, you could say it was a help to Nintendo. And if they didn't make it, a lot of fans wouldn't own a Super Nintendo..that's what I think though.
About the author
- Favorite character and/or fatality? 0
- Kintaro vs Goro 8
- They made this for PS?! 10
- specials??????????????????????????? 1
- How do you perform fatalities? 1
- Who is your Favorite Character? 1
- How many prints. And where to get this? 0
- Move list 1
- Kintaro 9
- Favorite Stage 11
- Favourite MKII Character 18
- Fatalities! 32