The series continues where Deadly Alliance left offm with more blood, more fatalities and the return of several characters, (some of which were not included in the last title). As par for this series, storyline narrative marries character development and is enhanced through use of themed environments.
Fighting games have never been filled with as much gore and blood as the Mortal Kombat series, and the tradion continues. Players will be able to execute multiple "Fatalities" per character as well as ones that are 'level specific'. New modes of play are also introduced in this version including conquest and adventure. Multi-tiered, interactive environments and online play enable the arena fighting experience in this sequel to broaden.
- Konquest Mode: Journey deep into the MK universe with Konquest Mode. Travel a path encountering current and classic MK characters, aquiring fighting skills, bonus items and more.
- Puzzle Kombat: Battle it out with Puzzle Kombat, MK style. A popular strategy game given a brutal twist, featuring supermoves and humorous surprises.
- Chess Kombat: Test your strategic skills in Chess Kombat, a strategy game using pieces represented by MK characters, where every move is a battle.
- Multiple Fatalities: Mortal Kombat Deception includes extensive enhancements to the core fighting game, including multiple fatalities per character.
- All new moves, interactive environments, breakable backgrounds, multi-tiered levels, and vicious death traps are featured in MKD.