Monster Hunter Portable is based on Monster Hunter G for the PlayStation 2. New features have been added to this version of the game including minigames and the ability to raise cats. The game supports 1 to 4 players via an ad-hoc connection.
- Master a dynamic, ruthless world and carve out a name for yourself.
- Multiplayer action allows players to join hunting parties to bring down the beasts.
- Choose from tons of different and exciting quests to complete.
- Hunt alone or with up to four players in Ad Hoc mode.
- Customizable characters give each player unique experiences.
- Become a "treasure hunter" in a two player co-op game – Collect and deliver treasures in this fast paced timed game.
- New Felyne Kitchen – hire feisty chefs to produce unique meals to help enhance your abilities.
This game is also known as Monster Hunter Portable in Japan.