NOTE: an online and html formatted version of this guide is available at Planet
GameCube.com at the following URL:
Copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) the link into your web browser to access it.
Look at your map to find room names. These entries are in the order that they appear
in the game's log book so that you can find out what goes in those blank spaces.
This list will obviously contain spoilers. Specific locations are only provided
for hard to find creatures.
The RED ENTRY guide is below these lists, and it contains the vital entries which
can only be obtained at one point in the game.
01) Metroid Prime: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
02) Mining Status: Phendrena Drifts - Research Lab Hydra
03) Artifact Site: Tallon Overworld - Temple Security Station
04) Special Forces: Phazon Mines - Metroid Quarantine B
05) Metroid Forces: Phendrena drifts - Research Lab Aether
06) Chozo Studies: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
07) Fall of Zebes: Space Pirate Frigate - Biohazard Containment
08) Prime Mutations: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
09) Security Breaches: Phendrena Drifts - Research Lab Hydra
10) Phazon Analysis: Phendrena Drifts - Research Lab Hydra
11) Omega Pirate: Phazon Mines - Omega Research
12) Contact: Phendrena Drifts - Observatory
13) Chozo Ghosts: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
14) Prime Breach: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
15) Parasite Larva: Phendrena Drifts - Research Lab Hydra
16) Meta Ridley: Phendrena drifts - Research Lab Aether
17) Phazon Program: Phendrena Drifts - Observatory
18) Metroid Morphology: Phendrena drifts - Research Lab Aether
19) Chozo Artifacts: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
20) Phazon Infusion: Phendrena drifts - Research Lab Aether
21) Metroid Studies: Phendrena drifts - Research Lab Aether
22) The Hunter: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
23) Elite Pirates: Phazon Mines - Elite Research
24) Glacial Wastes: Phendrena Drifts - Research Lab Hydra
25) Hunter Weapons: Phazon Mines - Elite Control
01) Infestation: Chozo Ruins - Crossway
02) Binding: Tallon Overworld - Artifact Temple
03) Cradle: Chozo Ruins - Furnace
04) Beginnings: Chozo Ruins - Vault
05) Cipher: Phendrena Drifts - Ice Ruins West
06) Worm: Chozo Ruins - Crossway
07) Fountain: Chozo Ruins - Ruins Entrance
08) Exodus: Chozo Ruins - Ruined Nursery
09) Hatchling's Shell: Chozo Ruins - Crossway
10) Hatchling: Chozo Ruins - Ruined Fountain
11) Meteor Strike: Chozo Ruins - Watery Hall
12) Contain: Chozo Ruins - Sun Tower
13) The Turned: Phendrena Drifts - Phendrena Canyon
14) Hope: Chozo Ruins - Hall of Elders
15) Statuary: Tallon Overworld - Artifact Temple
16) Newborn: Chozo Ruins - Magma Pool
01) Save Station: various
02) Missile Door Lock: various (Though you can get this in many places in the game,
once you blow up all the missile door locks you won't be able to scan them again)
03) Map Station: various (I believe you have to scan this BEFORE you get the map)
04) Spinner: various
05) Missile Ammo: various
06) Large Energy(red): various
07) Small Energy(purple): various
08) Stalctite: various(You may have to scan these before dislodging them from
ceilings. Most haven't found the one in Phendrena that shatters the frozen ice
09) Missile Station: Found in a few locations, check your map for big M's.
10) Spider Ball Track: various (Note: not all of these tracks are scannable)
11) Power Bomb Ammo: various
12) Grapple Point: various
13) Zebes: Phendrena Drifts - Observatory
14) Ultra Energy(yellow): Found after defeating really big enemies and bosses.
15) Morph Ball Slot: various (Note: scan before activating)
16) Tallon IV Phendrena Drifts - Observatory
17) Locked Door: various (These are most prevelant as you play through the game. If
you wait for later to get this, you'll have to find some security drones which
lock the doors until you defeat them.)
18) Gunship: Tallon Overworld - Landing Site
01) Mega Turret: Turrets with more armor found later in the game.
02) Grizby: Small creature killed only by missiles or heavy beam weapons in the
early magmoor caverns.
03) Zoomer: Soft spiked creature found all over the Tallon Overworld
04) Plated Parasite: I think there are some in the Chozo Ruins - Furnace crawling on
05) Pulse Bombu: The yellow and blue energy balls found in Phendrena Drifts.
06) Ice Shriekbat: In Phendrena's Ice Ruins West you'll find some of these guys if
you travel on the roof tops. Be ready to scan because they suicide bomb you with
great speed. These do NOT reappear later, so get them the first time.
07) Parasite Queen: Only available in the Space Pirate Frigate (it's the boss).
08) Scarab: These are the small explosive monsters that swarm the tunnels of the
09) Aqua Reaper: These can be found in the Space Pirate Frigate ruins of the Tallon
10) Triclops: These are found under floor grates in Magmoor.
11) Puffer: The green gas filled balls found in Magmoor.
12) Glider: In the Phazon mines, these creatures provide living grapple points.
13) Auto Turret: All over the place.
14) Jelzap: The fish creatures with an upper and lower half connected by energy.
Found near the end of Phendrena.
15) Beetle: The first enemies you encounter in Tallon Overworld which dig up through
16) Tangle Weed: Found in the Chozo Ruins and Tallon Overworld (the white variety)
17) Flying Pirate: Found in various places (especially later in the game). The first
ones are found in the Tallon Overworld next to the crashed ship.
18) Hive Mecha: This only appears when you're fighting for your first pack of
missiles. You have to look down under the water to get the creature scan
(not the part that you fire at). Don't forget to scan those Ram War Wasps as
19) War Wasp: Found all over the Chozo Ruins.
20) Blood Flower: Found in the Tallon Overworld (it spits poisonous green balls).
21) Ice Beetle: Found in the Phendrena Drifts (after Thardus I believe).
22) Reaper Vine: Found in the Chozo Ruins, you'll have to look a little harder if you
pick this up late in the game.
23) Aqua Drone: Just like a security drone but underwater. Apparently these are only
found on your first trip through the crashed Frigate (Tallon Overworld). Don't
miss them (this is unverified, but better safe than sorry).
24) Ice Trooper: The white armored pirates in the Phazon Mines. There are some in
the room where you get the first Power Bombs (the Central Dynamo)
25) Sap Sac: The yellow sacs of explosive found all over the Tallon Overworld.
26) Flickerbat: The invisible flying creatures in the first major hub area of
27) Wave Trooper: Pirates found all over the Phazon Mines wearing black armor with
28) Sentry Drone: Found in the Phendrena lab areas.
29) Burrower: This species can be seen digging in the ground. Easily found through
out the beginning of Magmoor.
30) Plazmite: Found in at least two parts of the Chozo Ruins (they light up dark
rooms until you destroy them).
31) Barbed War Wasp: This can only be scanned while fighting the incinerator drone
early on for the bombs.
32) Flaahgra: The boss of the Chozo ruins.
33) Scatter Bombu: These tend to block tunnels in the Phendrena drifts. They are blue
energy spheres with smaller red spheres and emit 3 beams of electricity.
34) Space Pirate: As the game progresses, you'll find it more and more difficult to
find an ordinary Space Pirate. Scan this one early on (or find them in the
beginning of the Phazon mines).
35) Parasite: Can only be scanned in the Space Pirate Frigate (they swarm the tunnels
after you beat the boss).
36) Tallon Crab: Swarms one tunnel near the beginning of the crashed Space Pirate
37) Blastcap: Mushrooms found all over the Chozo Ruins.
38) Aqua Sac: These are found in the crashed Space Pirate Frigate underwater. They
are light blue in color and explode upon being fired on.
39) Lumigek: Another swarming creature found in the first part of the impact crater.
40) Incinerator Drone: The boss that gaurds the bombs early in the game (don't forget
to scan the wasps in the room as well)
41) Eyon: Laser shooting eyes which are perched on walls in the Chozo Ruins.
42) Fission Metroid: Found in the impact crater.
43) Oculus: This creature can be found in vertical tube that you must exit through
after beating the boss in the Chozo Ruins. You can go back and get them any time
44) Meta Ridley: You may die a few times when fighting him, don't forget to scan him
at the beginning of each try and make sure you scanned him before saving
45) Plasma Trooper: The Pirates with red markings that are only hurt by the Plasma
beam. Found in the Phazon Mines on level 3.
46) Aqua Pirate: These are underwater flying pirates. Find them in the crashed
Space Pirate Frigate.
47) Baby Sheegoth: These are found all over the Phendrena Drifts, but if you wait
until late in the game, you'll find that some of them are replaced by full grown
48) Seedling: Found on the ceiling of the passage of Tallon Overworld that leads to
49) Plated Beetle: The armored beetles with vulnerable red tail sections (abdomens)
that are found all over the Chozo Ruins.
50) Sheegoth: Most easily scanned in boss form as you fight for the wave beam, but
some medium sized Sheegoth can be scanned in Ice Ruins West later in the game.
51) Stone Toad: Found in the Chozo Ruins in two places. These are the creatures that
eat you when you roll up into a ball. One is found right after you get the bombs,
and the rest are located in the Reflecting Pool
52) Metroid: Found all over the Phazon Mines and Phendrena Drifts lab.
53) Venom Weed: Red colored weeds that impede movement and cause damage. These are
found in various places.
54) Phazon Elite: If I'm not mistaken, this is the smaller version of the Phazon
Mines boss and it can only be fought once (it gaurds a Chozo Artifact).
55) Metroid Prime: This is Metroid Prime's second form.
56) Ice Burrower: Found in early Phendrena digging through the snow. They pop out of
the ground to attack. Get them ASAP since they vanish later in the game. You'll
come across them on your way to the boost ball (at the end of the "u-turn".
57) Flaahgrah Tentacle: I got this from LordDraconis's list, so I only assume this
is gotten during the Chozo Ruins boss fight.
58) Elite Pirate: These are found in the Phazon Mines. They are the ones with the
large Plasma cannons and standard bodies. I'm not sure if you ever have to
refight these so scan them the first time.
59) Omega Pirate: Phazon Mines boss. Scan away.
60) Puddle Spore: These are the large "lava clams" found in Magmoor.
61) Chozo Ghost: Found in many parts of the Chozo Ruins later in the game.
62) Thardus: The rock boss that you fight in the Phendrena Drifts.
63) Shriekbat: Found in the Chozo Ruins and early Magmoor (flying green bats that
64) Hunter Metroid Found in the Phazon Mines, late Phendrena and while fighting the
very last boss.
65) Magmoor: Lava snake/dragon found in Magmoor Caverns.
66) Hive: Any time you see war wasps, there should be a war wasp hive. All over the
67) Metroid Prime: This is Metroid Prime's first form.
68) Shadow Pirate: Found in the Phendrena labs after the lights go out and in other
69) Ram War Wasp: Can only be scanned while fighting the boss that gaurds the first
missile pack early in the game (don't forget to scan the boss machine as well).
70) Ice Parasite: In Phendrena look in the Chozo Ice Temple
71) Geemer: Hard-shelled red spiky creatures found in a few spots of the Tallon
Overworld. These are like zoomers only much more vicious looking.
72) Crystallite: Early Phendrena crawling organisms that have a large spike of ice
on their backs.
73) Plated Puffer: These are found only in the Chozo Ruins - Tower of Light. You must
start destroying the ceiling for these to begin appearing.
74) Power Trooper: Space Pirates wearing yellow power suit armor. They can be found
in various places in the Phazon Mines.
*RED ENTRY GUIDE*
The red entry guide lists, in order, the entries that can only be found at a
particular point in the game. Read the first entry and keep an eye out for it. Once
you fill it, immediately stop and read the next entry. Unfortunately, Metroid Prime
does not allow you to copy save files, so be careful that you do not save the game
at any point unless your red entries are completed up to that point.
01) Map hologram: scan this in the Space Pirate's Frigate *before* you get the map.
You can do this at any map station in the game, but it's best to remember now
since there are only a few others.
02) Fall of Zebes: (Pirate Data) this is in the Biohazard Containment room of the
Space Pirate Frigate in the beginning of the game (check your map for room names).
If you land on the planet Tallon IV without this Pirate Data, you cannot go back
03) Parasite Queen: Scan the Space Pirate Frigate boss before defeating it or you
won't have another chance (it'll make the fight a lot easier as well).
04) Parasite: These swarm the tunnels after the boss, but a few can be found just
before fighting the boss as well. Again, if you leave the Space Pirate Frigate
without scanning these creatures, you won't get another chance.
05) Hive Mecha and Ram War Wasps: This pair defends the first pack of missiles.
You'll have to scan under the water from the edge of the central platform to
get the Hive Mecha (scanning the red ports that you fire at does not work).
Don't forget to scan the Ram War Wasps and the Hive Mecha during the fight.
If you defeat this mini-boss without making these scans, you won't get another
chance at them.
06) Missile Blast Shield: As soon as you pick up your first pack of missiles (or
just before), you should scan the Missile Blast Shield. There are dozens of
other blast shields, but it is possible to destroy them all without scanning
any of them.
07) Locked Door: This is technically not a red entry, but it may be difficult to
track down later in the game. In the Energy Core Room, you'll see your first
locked door in the distance over the green water.
08) Barbed War Wasp and Incinerator Drones: Like the Hive Mecha and Ram War Wasps,
this boss fight is your only chance to scan these two creatures. There's no
special trick for this duo though. You'll encounter this fight just after the
Energy Core Room.
09) Flaagrah and Flaagrah Tentacles: These are both parts of the first major boss
in the Chozo Ruins. As with all bosses, this is your only chance to scan the
pair. You may die a few times while fighting this boss. Be sure to rescan
Flaagrah and its Tentacles each time you restart. The tentacles fill the four
bomb tubes at ground level.
10) Ice Burrower: These are found in early Phendrena. They'll be in a small cavern
with low ceilings digging through the snow. The location is connected to the
Phendrena Shorelines (hub) location, but you'll have to take the long way around
to get to it the first time (since you won't have Space Jump Boots). They look
just like ordinary Burrowers (they jump out of the ground and spit rocks at you
before diving back under the snow). Get them while you can since they are
replaced by Security Drones later in the game. Thanks to "Joe" for the heads up.
11) Stalactite: Their are quite a few stalactites in Phendrena and Magmoor, but
it is possible to dislodge all of them without scanning one first. The first
stalactite is in the Ice Ruins West portion of Phendrena Drifts. You'll need
the space jump to destroy it, but it can be scanned from the ground level.
12) Ice Shriekbat: After you scan that stalactite, you should see a cave to its
left. If you have the Space Jump Boots, jump into the cave with your scan visor
turned on. Do not step forward or the bunch of Ice Shriekbats will suicide
attack you. They are in the distance perched under an overhanging ceiling. Scan
them before moving forward because they move very quickly in flight. I'm not
sure when they stop appearing here either. It's possible that they never
reappear after they are killed (by your bullets or their suicide attack), so be
sure and get them when you first see them. If you do not have the Space Jump
Boots yet, look upward and toward the Wave Beam door from the entrance area of
the Ice Ruins West. You should be able to see the overhanging ceiling from this
point for a safer and earlier scan.
13) Ice Parasite: After getting the Space Jump Boots, you'll have to enter the Chozo
Ice Temple. This location contains two variety of creature that crawl on the
blocks. One is common and can be found all over Phendrena, the other is the rare
Ice Parasite. After you get the Wave Beam, this creature vanishes so scan them now.
14) Thardus: This is the boss composed of rocks in Phendrena Drifts. As with all bosses,
this is your only chance, and be sure that you rescan it each time you die and
restart the fight. Double check to make sure you got the previous three entries
since I'm practically certain that beating Thardus (if not before then) will end
your chance to scan them.
15) Aqua Drone: After you obtain the Gravity Suit and you begin exploring the Space
Pirates Frigate underwater, keep an eye out for Aqua Security Drones. They appear
just like ordinary security drones, but only on your first run through the Space
16) Elite Pirate: The elite pirates are rather difficult to miss since they are such
an intimidating foe. Though you do get to fight about three of them during the
game, they do not reappear, so be sure to scan one of them.
17) Phazon Elite: After you get Power Bombs, you can reclaim a Chozo Artifact from this
guy near the beginning of the Phazon Mines (though it's a bit out of the way at
this point). He looks just like the Omega Pirate (Phazon Mines boss) but he's the
size of an ordinary Elite Pirate. This is not a second (or first) chance to get the
Omega Pirate boss entry, this is a separate entry.
18) Omega Pirate: This is the Phazon Mines boss. As with all bosses, don't forget to
scan him each time you die and restart.
19) Meta Ridley: You're almost done here! Again, don't forget to rescan Ridley each time
you fight him.
20) Metroid Prime: The end of your logbook. There's no point in approaching Prime with
the intent to scan unless the rest of your logbook is filled. Make sure you get the
Lumigek and Fission Metroids, which live in the impact crater after the final save
point (though you can scan them and go back to save). During the fight, make sure
that you scan BOTH FORMS of Metroid Prime. If you're reading this guide as a spoiler
(shame on you), you'll know Prime's second form when you see it, since it looks
completely different from his first form.
21) Metroid Prime: Just to be redundant, don't forget to scan Prime's second form.
*ITEM LOCATION NOTES*
First of all, this guide will necessarily contain a lot of spoiler information related
to the different items that you can pick up in the game and the different areas you
visit. However, there are no storyline spoilers.
The guide provides details about what power-ups you'll need to get various
non-esential items, and where to get them. If you must already have an item before
you enter a room, then that item will not be listed as a needed item for obtaining the
hidden item. So "nothing needed" means that when you first encounter the room you
should be able to get the item. I intentionally didn't go into great depth when
explaining some of the expansions. Between your different visors and the "humming"
sound that power-ups make, you should be able to secure most of the items on the room
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (check under the bridge)
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook needed (x-ray visor is extremely helpful for
finding the invisible blocks and the niche in the wall)
- Missile Expansion: need gravity suit (in sea cove)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (reach by taking transport to Tallon Overworld
East from Chozo Ruins Reflecting Pool area)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (x-ray visor is extremely helpful, but the blocks
can also be found by shooting beams)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (bust great open with a missile)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (look for Cordite door underwater)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (bomb jump your way to the top of the shaft with the
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook needed (x-ray visor is extremely helpful --
accessed from the Root Cave)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (move to the top of the circle and drop a power
- Missile Expansion: morph ball needed (look for a small cave behind your gunship)
- Missile Expansion: beat boss (first pack of missiles)
- Missile Expansion: boost ball needed
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook needed (accessed from Training Chamber)
- Missile Expansion: super missiles needed (look for a big knot on a tree that can
be scanned and fire away)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (accessed from the vault)
- Missile Expansion: bombs needed (solve bomb puzzle)
- Missile Expansion: bombs needed (bomb into hole)
- Missile Expansion: missiles needed (break wall)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed
- Missile Expansion: boost ball needed (raised platform)
- Missile Expansion: bombs needed (floor)
- Missile Expansion: bombs needed (perform a double bomb jump for the last grating)
- Missile Expansion: spider ball needed (use fountain for a lift)
- Missile Expansion: space jump needed (bomb the panel at the top of the hall)
- Missile Expansion: missiles needed
- Missile Expansion: gravity suit needed (in the underwater chamber)
- Missile Expansion: bombs needed (use your newly obtained bombs on the sandstone
- Energy Tank: bombs needed (take the lower hole -- Furnace is accessed from
- Missile Expansion: power bombs needed (climb spider ball tracks and bomb the
- Missile Expansion: missiles needed (Dynamo is accessed from Watery Hall)
- Missile Expansion: spider ball needed (Dynamo is accessed from Watery Hall)
- Wavebuster: lots of missiles needed (fire missiles at the twelve weak points;
climb as high as possible to avoid plated puffers)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (fire super missile at cordite area, scan, use
boost ball to reach the two spider ball tracks)
- Energy Tank: ice beam needed (access middle bomb lock)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (boost ball up to the two slots and roll to the
- Power Bomb Expansion: power bombs and grappling hook needed (bust open the wall at
the far end of the chamber)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (look for a hidden pipe behind the red tree
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (Storage Cavern is accessed from Triclops Pit)
- Missile Expansion: space jump needed (fire missiles at central pillar, and space jump
from behind the back wall -- or you can use the X-Ray Visor)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (do three successive double bomb jumps)
- Ice Spreader: power bombs needed (see those cracks in the glass?)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (it's on the raised catwalk)
- Power Bomb Expansion: power bombs needed (Warrior Shrine is accessed from Monitor
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (use wave beam to activate lava coolers)
- Missile Expansion: plasma beam needed (ground level ice block in a corner)
- Missile Expansion: spider ball needed (break cordite wall with super missiles in front
of the temple)
- Missile Expansion: spider ball needed (the rail is on the rooftops)
- Missile Expansion: plasma beam needed (ground level ice block near a door)
- Power Bomb Expansion: plasma beam needed (block of ice on a roof top)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (access secret room from second floor platform)
- Missile Expansion: super missiles needed (cordite casing on third floor)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (break glass tube on bottom floor)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (traverse the morph ball catwalk between bottom and
- Energy Tank: plasma beam needed (melt the ice tunnel)
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook needed (grapple up to platforms and fire a missile
at the stalactite to break the ice lake)
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook and plasma beam needed (melt ice then grapple up to
- Missile Expansion: grappling hook needed (access this from the Quarantine Chamber where
you fought Phendrena's boss)
- Power Bomb Expansion: grappling hook needed (access this from Phendrena's edge by the
tube at the top)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (activate crane with thermal visor/wave beam and
- Missile Expansion: power bombs needed (use your scanner)
- Flamethrower: powerbombs and plasma beam needed (bomb grating on top floor and then
access red door on bottom floor)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (aim the industrial beam onto the last octet of the
top floor and fire)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (fire missile at crate on ledge; use thermal visor
to see it)
- Energy Tank: power bombs needed (turn on air system then get tank behind destroyed
- Power Bomb Expansion: (first pack of power bombs -- kill the invisible drone with super
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (when you come from Level 2, head past the crates and
to your right; drop down to the platform on the wall and power bomb it)
- Energy Tank: nothing needed (pick this up after beating the Omega Pirate)
- Missile Expansion: X-Ray Visor needed (when you reach the spider ball tracks, power bomb
instead; now walk forward and power bomb again; take these tracks over
the gap, and use your X-Ray Visor to see the floating platform)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (there's an expansion under the large mushroom at the
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (bomb the ground below the mushroom near the exit door)
- Missile Expansion: nothing needed (use a super missile on the round cylinder just past
the force field on the right)
I would like to thank the following members of the IGN Boards for their help in filling
out this list: LordDraconis, Shazcow, deadbabyofl, Rubashov, Kain_3 and CharlieF
(GameFAQs boards). Additionally, thanks goes to Joe for the Ice Burrower tip.
I would also like to thank Retro, Nintendo and Gunpei Yokoi for making such a fabulous
And thanks to GameFAQs of course.
If anyone wishes to repost this FAQ, go ahead, but do not alter it's content (specifically
the contact info and credits). This permission does not extend to the html formmatted
version of the guide at PlanetGameCube.com
All copyrights and trademarks of game information are the property of their respective
owners (Nintendo and Retro Studios I would imagine).
This document is copyright Rize and hosted by Neoseeker with permission.