In Mega Man ZX Advent, the main characters discover the power of the mysterious "Biometal model A," which on its own has several attacks, but also has a special Megamerge ability which allows the character to transform into one of eight "Pseudoroid" bosses that each have a unique set of abilities. Once a boss is defeated, players can emulate their powers to find hidden routes, discover rare items and aid their battles against more powerful enemies.
- Two playable characters - play as "Grey" or "Ash", each with unique abilities and individual, but linked storylines
- Two additional bonus characters - Vent and Aile from Mega Man®ZX are available and players can transform into their "Mega Man Model ZX" form
- Dynamic "Biometal" system allows players to transform into several forms - eight bosses, five Biometal forms and human
- Transformations use up the "Live metal gauge" so they must be used effectively
- "Area expansion" - explore and open up new areas with access to additional quests
- Condition Bonus - strategically beat bosses to obtain valuable rare items
- Touch screen allows players to instantly change forms and switch between subscreens
- Co-op and head-to-head two player wireless play (two cartridges required)
- Two-player downloadable mini-game (one cartridge required)
- Five unlockable mini-games in total
This game is also known as RockMan ZX: Advent in Japan.