Super Mario 64 was only one of two games to be realased on the Nintendo 64 on its release in late-1996. Super Mario 64 takes full advantage of the then unparallel graphics and gameplay. As the role of the famous plumber Mario, you must do everything in your power to save the princess from the evil clutches of Bowser, whether that would be swimming, jumping, running, or crawling your way through each level. Collect enough Power Stars and you can meet Bowser for a third and final time and make sure you rid him for good. Goomba, Koopa, and Toad also have roles in this game, and on occasions Koopa and Goomba will offer you advice throughout. Also, there are wooden scribes throughout the Mushroom Kingdom that will give you tips on your way. Super Mario 64 also has the capability to support one-player gameplay, sound options, and even four save slots for storage. Save the princess, Mario!
- Run freely in a grassy meadow, tip-toe through a gloomy dungeon, climb to the top of a mountain or take a swim in the moat!
- Leap head first into a watery painting and soon you'll be searching for the surface in an underwater realm!
- On-the-fly, 3-D rendered game play delivers the action of ruthless enemy attacks from every angle!
- Find the Caps that give Mario super powers, ponder the mysteries of the pyramid, you can even race Koopas for fabulous prizes!
- With the Nintendo 64 Controller and its analog Control Stick, Mario can crawl, kick down obstacles, swim, do reverse flips, and even stick the landing on his backwards somersault!
- Saved game information is stored for up to four players in memory.