The game begins with Mario opening an amusement park called "Super Mini Mario World". Mario and Pauline are just about to open the park when Donkey Kong sees her, and attempts to give her a Mini Donkey Kong toy as a gift. She ignores it and takes the Mini Mario from Mario instead. Donkey Kong is enraged by this and kidnaps Pauline, taking her into the amusement park. Mario then sends the Mini Marios (you) in to save her.
- Many new colorful levels within the amusement park.
- The return of many classic Nintendo characters.
- The extensive use of the DS touch screen.
- A Lemmings style of game play.
- The ability to create levels and upload them for your friends to see.
This game is also known as:
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong DS in Japan
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: Mini Daikoushin in Japan