Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga review
Superstars Take Turns!
Some sections require super-human reflexes
The GBA finally gets hold of a Mario RPG, but can it hold it's own against the legions of other RPGs on the GBA?
Graphically the game is about average. Nothing wrong, but nothing particularly outstanding either. The sounds are horrible though. The sound effects are OK, but the tunes really get to you.
Now the gameplay. You play as both Mario and Luigi, with a bizarre system that lets you control both at the same time. Generally one follows the other, but actions are assigned to a button for each one. The system works, with the brothers even teaming up.
The battle system is not your traditional RPG fare either. After selecting your move you must follow the on-screen commands to pull off your moves perfectly. Equally, you must actively dodge enemy attacks. Great, but in later battles enemy attacks can come too quickly to dodge without knowing when to dodge beforehand.
One last thing of worthy note is the humour. The game is packed with it and it's all quality stuff. Parts will have you laughing your head off (not literally).
Overall a worthy addition. Some RPG enthusiasts might complain that there isn't 500 attack moves, but it is an interesting and very playable alternate RPG.
About the author
- swing bros and cyclone bros 4
- How do you get past boo statue? 9
- Knock-Knock Joke Contest 13
- I can't beat the queen bean on superstar saga!Help 10
- gwarhar lagoon is messed up 5
- Help in the chucklehuck woods 6
- Help with Hermie III 1
- 2 players in Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga! 9
- HELP--Boss Battle:Hoohooros 3
- jokes end 0
- how can i find 35 Hoo Beans before beating Trunkle?? 18
- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga "Rotating the Valve wheel" 3
- Super Mario Run2016