You've seen Mario as a cameo appearence in other basketball games before, but not one where he is one of the main players! Using the touch screen of the DS, you can pass, shoot, or dribble.
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 is a three-on-three basketball game. The only thing about this "basketball game" is basically the ball and the hoop, everything is purely Mario. Players use a D-pad and stylus combination that's becoming more and more common. With the D-pad, players move around their on-screen character, switching to the nearest teammate with the ball using the L trigger. The stylus however does all sorts of maneuvers! Passing the ball is a flick from left to right, shooting the ball is a flick from the bottom of the screen to the top, and to dribble simply tap the screen! Special character moves are also in this game! You just have to do some amazing on screen combinations! This game has it all!
- Short Shots are now 20 points
- Baskets Beyond the lines are worth 30 points
- You can now collect coins on the court!
- Players use the D-Pad and the Stylus
- All new items will be introduced in this game.
- You must complete special cups of increasing diffuculty to move on
- Unlockable basketball courts
- Beautiful Soundtrack
- 4 player local wireless but you'll need multiple copies of the game.
This game is also known as:
- Mario Basket 3 on 3 in Japan
- Mario Slam Basketball in Europe