MapleStory LIVE User Reviews
-VERY expansive and FREE RPG
-Many ways to customize your character
-Oodles of classes to try
-Tons of quests to do
-Vast variety of equipment
-200 (or 120) levels to gain
-Many features of character customization require NX points
-Economy is ridiculous compared to other games'
-In the later levels, leveling up can be arduous
-Can be hard to get an original name for your character
-Graphics and detail
-Sometimes the game can seem to be out to get you
I'm going to start this off by saying that if you want to play an good RPG, but don't have the money for a subscription (IE: World of Warcraft, Runescape etc), that Maplestory is a good direction to head in.
While the gameplay seems a wacky concept of a Sidescrolling MMORPG, it feels very solid in its foundation. That doesn't mean it comes without flaw, however. Sometimes, the platforming can be difficult (Especially in some areas and a bad graphic card) but for the most part it's all right. There are many classes to choose from, as well. Magician, Warrior, Thief, Archer and Pirate all have ...
+ Team work
+ Lots of things to do
- Everything revolves around Nexon Cash.
- Cash Shop items expire.
- Nexon Cash Charging.
- Too many hackers.
Much more bad than good, as you can see.. Oh well, I'll just start with the good.
Elaboration! There are a ton of quests, while most of them are a bit hard and require parties, I still think that it is fun to try to finish a quest (especially the event ones) because it's like a treasure hunt. You have to go find what the mafia- I mean, err, NPCs, want. Once you do that, you'll get a nice reward. Sometimes the reward isn't worth it, but you get an even bigger award than what you see! You get the feeling of accomplishment. And that's enough, isn't it? No, not really, but if they made N...
-Fun, quirky, unique.
-Graphics and music are amazing
-The game is massive, nearly no end to it
-Tonnes of different job strings to choose from
-After level 50 leveling up becomes tedious
-The global version of MapleStory is overpowered (Other versions such as the south-east Asia version and the European version have adopted this as well)
-Cash shop items are expensive and expire 90 days after purchase (45 days on MapleSEA but clothing items on the original Korean version don't expire)
-Community on most versions sucks
Note: Classes/Locations etc. are wrote in the name order: Original name from KMS/Global MapleStory name
Ok, so how to start this review... started playing MapleStory around a year ago, got to level 7 then pressed the quit game button and didn't go on it for another month, anyway, I started playing again and found much potential from this game.
Basically you start at the beginner location depending on what class you want to be, an Adventurer/Explorer (Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief or Pirate), a Knight of Cygnus/Cygnus Knights (Soul Master/Dawn Warrior, Wind Breaker/Archer, Flame/Bl...
+ It keeps you coming back
+ Party quests allow you to play with your friends
+ Guilds allow you to have guild quests
+ There are bosses which you can take down
+ There are 4 classes (Magician, Thief, Bowman, Warrior)
+ Each of the Classes branch out to two or three more individual classes
+ There are job advancements (level 10, 30, 70, 120) and each brings new skills, Armour, and friends
+ when you die you only lose Exp, Not your hard earned items
+ There are monsters to mount where you can move faster
- The game is 2D
- It is really Easy to hack
- Game Masters were inactive for the first half of the game, but are starting to get a bit better (Hacking has been resolved a tiny bit)
- The Games idea isn't spread out enough once you are high level
- The games Armour looks really bad, almost forcing you to buy NX Cash
- Nexon unfairly sells double Experience coupons for unfair game play to the poorer players
- The point of "Fame" in the game was ruined after Hackers made everyone have max fame (People used to buy fame for 5k-20k each)
- People got a hold of Maplestory server information and made illegal private servers, boosting exp rates, causing Maplestory to become deserted
- You have to take boats to get to the other islands (they are 20 minutes long)
Maplestory consists of a 2d game which is very interactive with other players
The Audio: The audio in this game can really piss you off, I'm guessing mostly everyone hates it.. It is just a really loud .wav file and i always have it on mute. Try playing your itunes while on maple or something, it is a lot more exciting.. the fighting interaction sounds are a bit useful while at bosses, so leave those low so you can hear them, because they might just save your life.
The Graphics: Since Maplestory is 2Dimensional, you can tell it doesn't have the best graphics out of ever...
- A fun online RPG; play by yourself, with friends, or random strangers on the internet
- Start as a beginner, and train yourself to become one of 4 different job classes (Mage at lv8, Warrior at lv10, Bowman at lv10, Theif at lv10); each class then has further classes to become at lv30, lv70, and lv120. Each is very unique, and will offer very different gameplay based on who you choose to become
- Hundreds of levels/maps to fight on
- Hundreds of different enemies to fight, ranging from very week to crazy strong
- Many clothing/armor and weapon choices for each character class
- Nice kiddy graphics (very colorful); lots of different sights to see; good music and sounds
- Create 3 different characters per account
- A few different continents and many towns to visit; buy armors and weapons, meet various people, start various quests, and much more
- A good sense of accomplishment when you buy new armors and weapons, gain new powers, and reach certain classes
- Lots of quests to do if you choose, some easy and fast and others long and hard; some good rewards come from quests; there are even Party quests to do (with a few people)
- Collect money, items, and weapon/armor drops from enemies; great use for money in the game (everything ends up costing you lots)
- Decent sized Item inventory; carry a bunch of things with you
- Level and skill up your character alone, or join a Party and fight with others, sharing experience and money while you fight
- Frequent game updates, item updates, and Events to take part in
- Hundreds of hours of gameplay if you are focused enough to try and achieve certain level goals
- When the game went to Full Version, player's characters were not transferred over from the BETA Version, meaning possibly a year and a half of wasted hard work for almost every player of the game
- Not really any sort of storyline
- Most events are pointless
- Most quests are pointless, and your time might better be spent not doing too many of them and just leveling up your character
- Guilds are useless and cost a lot of money to create; weddings are stupid and useless
- It takes ages to level sometime; takes up a lot of your time
- Hackers/botters (cheaters), scammers, defamers, kill-stealers, people who are generally just jerks, arrogant high level players, and much more; the game is full of some terrible people sometimes
- Lots of lag sometimes, depending on how good your computer is and how many players are near you
- If you die, you lose a crap-load of hard-earned experience, and you will have to get it all back by fighting more
- Your characters can only fight in one game server, cannot play or talk to players in other servers
- Some things cost a lot of money, especially when you are starting out; as your player gets higher and higher in level, things start to cost ridiculously high amounts of money
- When you are in certain level ranges, there is very little choice of monsters to fight, so you basically end up fighting the same monster for what seems like ages, before you get strong enough to move onto other monsters; fighting the same monsters over and over again can get boring fast
- Some fun things and items in the game have to be bought with real money, which is annoying
Maple Story is a fun little online RPG that I have been playing for years now. It was out for something like a year or two in a BETA version, before it was released as a Full Version with many changes to almost everything in the game. With the change to a new version came new continents, towns, items, enemies, quests, job classes, and so much more. The problem with this was that they never transferred over player's characters, so everyone had to start over in the new version. This meant quite a while of wasted work for many people, including me. I had three high level characters (at the tim...
Replay Value because of so many classes and the Second and Third jobs are fun.
Unique classes with great skills.
A little Repetitive
Laggy in Channel One
Report system still needs a little more work.
Maple Story is a Korean 2D side-scrolling MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game). It has incredible detail and this is my review for this great game I've played.
You start at Victoria island, with 5 small towns Lith Harbor, Henesys the Bowman town which has become renowned for Mushmom and Henesys Party Quest(Level 10-200). The next city is Perion the warrior city and it's well known for being rocky and of course Guild Party Quest. Kerning City is Thief central and it shows gangster style things.ex: graffiti. It is also the home of the famous Kerning Party Quest. Finally there'...
- Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~ 850
- Are Maplestory Private servers, illegal? 5
- Riding the Boat to Orbis 19
- Why Maple Story is Sinking 15
- Tech Help Thread 306
- We are unable to connect to the login server 48
- selling bills 0
- Do you agree with IP banning? 8
- Help!!! 0
- I CANT FIND TRISTAN NPC ON LVL 10 DUAL BLADE QUEST!!!! help ive been grinding to get to tristan yet i cant fin him 0
- The old maplestory 0
- Error 11004 1