Choose a duelist and up to 2 of "Magic's" 5 colors -- red, green, white, blue, and black. You must attempt to reduce your opponent's life to 0. Each color has a proficiency at certain types of activities. You will be able to utilize creatures, spells and enchantments in any combination from those schools. Based on the hit pc online card game.
Intense arena battle in realtime built on the unreal engine. Can Duel online opponents or embark on single player quests to aquire spells and improve skills.
- An important aspect to "Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds" will involve the player's mastery of the five colors in the development of his/her duelist. Each color has a proficiency at certain types of activities, such as attacking, defending and healing. Players will be able to select up to two colors and utilize creatures, spells and enchantments in any combination from those schools. For example, a red duelist may choose to augment the attacking powers of his Lava Dragon by adding powerful green enchantments to his arsenal or increase his resilience by using white's restorative powers instead.
- An engrossing single-player Quest Mode featuring a story that includes characters from "Magic: The Gathering" storylines while also introducing a variety of new characters and locales.
- Single-player Quest Mode composed of six chapters, each featuring up to 15 quests. Most quests will involve battles with resident duelists, sub-bosses or bosses who often control a particular creature or spell that the player has not yet acquired.
- Upon defeating tough opponents, players can gain access to new spells and creatures; the enemy duelist becomes playable within the game; and, the player can select from various clothing and other accoutrements, allowing players to customize the look of their chosen duelist.
- Increase your duelist's power with special artifacts. Artifacts are magical relics with varying effects that, when used correctly, enhance a duelist's chances of victory. Every time a single-player chapter is completed by defeating that chapter's sub-boss, you can select one of several artifacts to add to his collection.
- Xbox Live features will include: a global ranking and statistics system; new downloadable content; convenient cross title invitations; opponent feedback forums; a robust friends list; voice chat; and more.
 Hardware Requirements
Operating System: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 733 MHz (Pentium 4 1.3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 1.43 GB free
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive: 8X Speed
Video: 32 MB VRAM 16 MB TNT2-class 3D video card with Hardware T&L support*(64 MB video card with Hardware T&L support32-128 MB VRAM 16 MB NVIDIA( GeForce 2/ATI Radeon 3D video card* recommended)
Sound: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible sound card* (Sound Blaster(Audigy! series sound card recommended; NVIDIA(nForce! or other motherboards/sound cards containing the Dolby(Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio.)
DirectX®: DirectX version 9.0b 8.1 (included) or higher (DirectX version 8.1 included)
Modem: 33.6 Kbps or faster for Internet play (broadband Internet connection recommended)
- Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX version 9.0b8.1 or higher