Madden NFL 2001 is the 11th NFL game from John Madden. New features include an exclusive NFL Coaches Club license that allows for the coaches to give unique coaching strategies from the sidelines for each of the different teams in the league.
Welcome to NFL football-Madden-style. Madden NFL 2001 brings to life all the hard-hitting action of the NFL. Choose from any of the 31 NFL teams and relive last year's Super Bowl battle. Madden NFL 2001 comes complete with over 150 offensive and defensive plays for amazing realism. Plus track tons of stats for your team and players to see how you stack up.
Madden NFL 2001 lets you play in exhibition, regular season and playoff modes so you can play an actual NFL season
- Take the Lambeau Leap. Never-before-seen animations including the Lambeau Leap, coaches throwing clipboards, sideline collisions, and players mugging for the camera.
- Stare Into the Eyes of a Blitzing Junior Seau. Facial mapping of over 200 prominent NFL players complete with blinking eyes, moving lips, winces, scowls and smiles.
- The best football AI. Tested by the biggest football critics, the players themselves, Madden gameplay and AI stand up as the gold standard in the industry
- Exclusive NFL Coaches Club. For the first time ever in a football video game, all members of the Coaches Club will be in the game and pacing the sidelines complete with their own signature playbooks, coaching styles, and voices.
- Historical All-Madden Teams. Real player names of retired players from historical All-Madden teams of the past.
- Cheeseheads, The Dawg Pound, and The Men in Black. For the first time ever in a football video game, hardcore fans from around the league will be represented, complete with time-honored garb and chants.
- Madden Cards. Complete a Madden Challenge and earn tokens, which can be redeemed for in-game cards. Users can then trade or risk cards for hidden players, stadiums, and power-ups.
- Unbelievable Player Models. Incredibly detailed player models, complete with player specific accessories like elbow pads, turf tape, wristbands, visors, and facemasks.
- Player-Specific and User Controlled Celebrations. Real signature celebratinos of today's stars, from Merton Hanks Funky Chicken to Tim Dwights Coconut Drink. Users can also trigger additional celebrations through special button combinations.