In The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, the sequel to the critically acclaimed RTS game The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth you now have the chance to experience all that Middle-earth was meant to be.
With all new content from J.R.R. Tolkien's original fiction, delve deeper than ever before and engage in new battles that go beyond the award-winning movie trilogy. Wage war in the North and assume command of the most storied civilizations in all of Middle-earth history -- the Elven and Dwarven armies -- or fight on the side of Evil with heroes and creatures that have never been seen in The Lord of the Rings films. Defend or overtake never before seen lands such as Dol Guldur, The Misty Mountains, and Mirkwood as you unleash powerful new weapons and abilities - summon dragons, cause volcanoes to erupt, or bring down a cataclysmic lightning strike.
Expanding on every feature found in The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II as well as boasting entirely new content. The all new single player campaign's innovative new units will help to tell the story of the evil Witch-King's rise to power, domination of Angmar, and invasion of the great kingdom of Arnor, home to Aragorn's ancestors. To fully experience the evil side of Middle-earth, gamers can now play as the all new Angmar faction in skirmish, multiplayer, and War of the Ring modes.
Experience a whole new depth of strategy with upgraded War of the Ring and Create-A-Hero features. Create-A-Hero's entirely new Troll class boasts additional weapons and armor that will allow players to have even more freedom in customizing their game play. War of the Ring, the risk-style meta-game, offers upgraded army persistence, a new siege dynamic on the Living World Map, and unified territories that serve as major control points.
- Explore a new period in Middle-earth as the dark tide rises, as the Witch-King gathers massive armies of evil minions in the land of Angmar.
- Wage War against the men of Middle-earth to avenge Sauron's defeat
- Bring a higher level of strategy to the battlefield by choosing from new units including the Thrall Master and Sorcerer.
- Face challenging new campaign missions, featuring Control Point, Competition, King of the Hill, and Hold out mission types
- Innovative Create-A-Hero receives a new Cost system and new hero assets
- Enhanced and expanded War-of-the-Ring mode
 Hardware Requirements
System: 1.6 Ghz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 6000 MB
Other: Broadband connection for online play with 3 or more players