The game will feature 722 European football clubs, complete with authentic strips, player details and stadia for the 2002/2003 football season. In the UK it continues the long-running endorsement from the League Managers Association. Codemasters also promises dedicated editions for each of the major European territories, supported with specific packaging, territory-specific headline licenses and marketing materials.
- Up-to date 2002/03 stats (players, managers, kits and stadia).
- Manage any club from any of the 16 divisions in the 6 major footballing nations (England, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany and Spain). You can even move club every season. One season you could be managing Real Madrid, the next season it might be Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Juventus or Cardiff City, depending on how you perform!
- The most realistic and atmospheric 3D match seen in any management game.
- Advanced match engine plays all the matches across Europe in a couple of seconds.
- Huge transfer market where you can buy, sell or loan any of the 17,000 players from any of the 722 clubs. Use the powerful instant search engine for finding a key player. The transfer market also features the new UEFA transfer system and the ability to release players.
- Incredibly detailed TV-style highlights allows you to review the important action with in-depth views and comments from Gary Lineker and Alan Hansen.
- Option to play pre-season friendly matches against any of the 722 teams in the game. So, now you can play against exotic European clubs even if you are not playing in either of the two European competitions.
- To give you more information on how well your young players are performing your youth team play matches against the youth team of your 1st team league opponents.
- Name a new stadium when it is built. For those who have always wanted a stadium named after them, here's your chance!
- A comprehensive range of tactical options giving you unprecedented control over your team. You can also choose from a number of preset tactics (eg. Liverpool in the 70's, Wimbledon in the 80's etc.). Now with a larger choice of famous team tactics.
- Team and individual training. Balance your training schedule between skills, fitness, teamwork and rest. Hone player skills with a variety of training exercies, such as five-a-side, box work, one-on-one and crossing. You can now specify training regimes for individual players.
- Get the latest scores from other matches while you play yours. This can be important for those last couple of matches of the season when you could have it all to play for.
- Employees can be hired to assist you. These include: an assistant manager, commercial manager, physiotherapist, scouts and various coaches.
- Post Match banter – after viewing the highlights from your match Hansen and Lineker recall anecdotes and experiences from their playing days.
- Enhanced highlight navigation – clip rewind and fast-forward, step frame by frame forwards or back, rotate camera around the action.
- Mediterranean Crowd sounds when playing matches in Italy or Spain.
- Extra sound and visual effects in the match – event specific crowd reactions, camera flashes.
- Greater number of match stadiums including three cup final stadiums.
- Match AI Enhancements.
- Retire user managers – so a 2-player game can become a 1-player game.
- European Super Cup.
- Stereo/Stereo Wide sound.
- Enhanced Player Search and Scout File.
- Improved transfer AI.
- User Interface enhancements.