Left 4 Dead User Reviews
Variety of monsters
Levels lead up to a "Finale"
Great on-line play
Not enough weapons
Need more maps
Non-special infected (the horde) too easy
Not enough maps for on-line play
When I started playing Left 4 Dead, I was instantly addicted. The fact that it is four people, versus thousands and thousands of horde is just phenomenal. What makes this game even more interesting is that there is "special infected". There is the Hunter, the Smoker, the Boomer, and then there is the tank. I like how each special infected interact and are good for just about anything.
But there is also the bad side to Left 4 Dead. I personally think that this game does make up for it's bad mistakes, though. I mean REALLY make up for them.
Another factor that makes this game great is that the...
-I have never seen this kind of Zombie Survival game before. It feels fresh.
-The four characters mesh well together.
-There are three game modes that are all intensely fun.
-The replay value is off the charts.
-The game features achievements, which are very fun to try and achieve with friends.
-There are only six guns to use, and multiple explosives, making your arsenal relatively weak.
-There is very little story development.
Valve added yet another game to run on their prized Source engine in November of 2008. This addition is titled Left 4 Dead. The game throws you into an apocalyptic world where an insane infection has turned what seems like the majority of the world’s population into cannibalistic zombie killing machines. Four characters manage to be free of the infection, and it is their job to stay that way.
These four characters are the center of the action. They are Louis, Francis, Zoey, and Bill. Louis seems to be an office worker, Bill a Vietnam War hero, Francis, a motorcycling badass, and Zoey seems t...
Overview and Opening Thoughts
Well, this holiday season, some big games were released on the PC. Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty World at War, and Left 4 Dead. One of these titles sticks out; Left 4 Dead. It’s the only one of these games that is actually it’s own game, not banking on success of prior games to get sold. Granted, it’s run on an overused game engine, and the most notable engine probably in gaming history, the Source engine. But the Source engine has never powered a dud, the Source engine has mods that are more popular then some full games out there. Note worthy ga...
- Stylishly produced, stylistic down-to-earth-and-then-some zombie shooter.
- Immensely fun to play, while it's still interesting.
- Nice to computer hardware.
- Range of environments and textures.
- Incredibly realistic zombie physics; hundreds of death animations.
- 4 playable humans and 4 playable zombies. Yes! Playable zombies!
- Range of weapons.
- Replay value, due to a number of features. This will be examined below.
- Co-op, in the truest, most forced sense of the word.
- Excellent atmosphere, due in part to the awesome soundtrack.
- In direct conflict with one of the above points: limited replayability. Don't worry, I'll explain this later.
- Zero depth; no storyline.
- The graphics, though okay, won't impress you.
- There are a few connection problems with online co-op, though I'm sure Valve will patch this up in the near future with their continuous Steam updates.
- You need a connection to the internet to install.
Left 4 Dead, a First Person Shooter in the somewhat exhausted genre of "zombie apocalypse sim" , is just that: a violent, bloody rampage through 4 recently infected American locations towards a by-no-means-guaranteed rescue. The game is deliberately made to feel like a corny zombie movie (not a film, a movie), such of the likes that would achieve nothing but rampant hate from its critics. However, in a video game, this equates to one thing: FUN.
It is a Valve product, and as such runs in the Source engine. This makes it very nice to your computer, but not so nice to the eyes, compared to som...
- slams you on the floor 0
- Is Left 4 Dead better than Left 4 Dead 2? 33
- Elimination Game 0
- [Game] Create-A-Zombie 129
- sacrific single player: good or bad idea ? 0
- Didn't get Zombicidal Maniac 18
- Introductions and ID Database 55
- great prologue cutscene 0
- Zoey Nude 14
- worst glitch thats happened to you? 8
- pipe or molitov? 9
- I'm totally confused about the Sacrifice!!! 1
- Left 4 Dead 22009