Killzone: Mercenary gives a new perspective on the Killzone Universe. This time you’re not an Army grunt who follows orders - you’re freelancer, a gun for hire, a soldier of fortune. These guys don’t play by the rules or fight for any flag. They’re in it for the money. The client might give the objective, but they’re not going to be telling you how to do your job. You get to pick your own gear and tactics; as long as you get the results.
 Game Play
Killzone: Mercenary hosts a full single player Campaign, spread over 9 missions. In addition to the main missions, there is a new Contracts mode, offering an additional 27 sets of objectives. You can choose from three difficulty settings; Recruit Trooper and Veteran. The harder the difficulty selected the higher the rewards gained.
- GET PAID - This time it’s about the contract. It’s about doing the job and getting paid. And you get paid well. Every action, every kill, every contract earns you cash.
- SEE BOTH SIDES OF THE WAR - As a Mercenary, you’re the perfect deniable asset to perform some of the more clandestine operations that need to be done. The sort of mission they rather not use their own troops for.
- FILL YOUR BANK ACCOUNT - All your earnings from both single player and multiplayer go into a single bank account. Money you earn in the Campaign can be used to buy gear and weapons in multiplayer, and vice versa.
- DEPLOY THE VAN-GUARD - The latest in combat gear is the VAN-Guard, a unique and powerful set of weapon systems, allowing you to deploy a wide range of different tactics. Earn Vektan Dollars to charge your currently equipped VAN-Guard.
- FILL CONTRACTS - Three special challenge contracts unlock after completing each mission. These new contracts offer additional objectives to complete; focusing on Precision, Demolition or Covert play-styles.
- COLLECT VALOUR CARDS - Valour Cards can be collected from fallen enemies in multiplayer game modes. Collected cards are placed in your personal collection, and you can pocket big cash rewards by completing “hands”, such as flushes, four-of-a-kind or – best of all – a full deck.