The Italian Job is based on the 1969 movie of the same name. You take on the role of lovable rogue gang leader Charlie Croker in his attempt to steal $4,000,000 worth of gold in broad daylight from under the noses of the Polizei and Mafia. In Turin, the Alps, and London you'll thrash about in the Austin Mini Cooper S as well as sports cars, 4x4s, and a bus. There are 6 game modes including 16 'The Italian Job' missions and 2 massive 'Free Ride Levels'.
The Italian Job is an arcade driving game with three modes of play - Story Mode, Circuit Racing and Stunt Driving. The Story Mode is based on the film's plot as you attempt to steal $28 million in gold bullion from under the nose of the man who betrayed you. The game features 15 different missions utilising a range of vehicles and gameplay styles. Create havoc on the streets of LA as you drive at break-neck speeds through environments based on locations in the film including the Hollywood Hills, Downtown LA and the city's Metro and storm drain system.
- Story Mode based on the film's plot featuring 15 missions with a variety of gameplay styles.
- Circuit Racing for 1 or 2 players (split-screen) around tracks based on locations from the film.
- Test your driving skills to the limit in the Stunt Driving offering you the chance to control a Mini Cooper over various obstacle courses.
- Environments based on locations from the film including the Hollywood Hills, Downtown LA and the city's Metro and storm drain system.
- Tear through the streets of LA in a variety of vehicles ranging from the new Mini Cooper and muscle car to an armoured truck and cable van.
- Cutting edge graphics engine running at a constant 60 fps (frames-per-second) with highly detailed textures and spectacular graphical effects.
- Exhilarating car handling and realistic damage model including body deformation and component removal.
- The story unfolds through the use of cinematic cut-scenes and voice-overs.
- Hidden extras including movie footage, interviews with the film's cast, film stills, concept art etc.