Taking up where the events of .hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Reminisce left off, Redemption continues the tale of Haseo, (who is also known as the "Terror of Death") and his party members. Unfortunately, Haseo quickly discovers that a number of his old enemies have returned while some of his friends have suddenly turned against him. Even worse, the evil that was once trapped within "The World" has managed to escape the digital world and is starting to affect and damage the real world. It's up to Haseo and his party to defeat these threats and save both the digital and real worlds.
- Is this really the end? - All questions from the series will finally be answered!
- Enhanced Battle system – Haseo and his Avatar evolve into new forms and utilize new, more powerful attacks
- New Awakenings – Haseo gains a new Awakening power to deal out more damage to his enemies
- New Arena battles-Conquer the final tier of the Arena Battles to become the Sage Palace Emperor!
- New locations – Investigate two new root towns and two new dungeons, as well as a massive hundred level dungeon unlocked after you beat the game called the Forrest of Pain
- Steam Bike – All new parts to customize your steam bike and five new steam bike missions
- The Best of Friends – Choose from 22 different characters to join your party.
- New Crimson VS cards – step up the card battle action with all new cards
This game is also known as .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Aruku Youna Hayasa de in Japan.