RedOctane's follow-up to the critically acclaimed rhythm game. Guitar Hero II features a brand-new and expanded track list, more venues and new play modes, and aims to rock longer and harder than its predecessor. RedOctane has once again teamed up with veteran music game developer Harmonix for the sequel, and is using famed recording studio WaveGroup for its music production, who also recorded the covers for the licensed tracks in the original Guitar Hero. The game's all-important track list encompasses all forms of rock and metal music including classic rock, "hair metal", heavy metal, modern rock and alternative rock. In total, Guitar Hero II features more than 55 songs. New modes include a multiplayer co-op mode where players can play not only the lead guitar track, but rhythm or bass as well, allowing players to take on two different sections of the song simultaneously.
- New for Xbox 360: This version of Guitar Hero II includes the X-Plorer Guitar Controller, additional songs, and downloadable content.
- Killer soundtrack: Rock out with with over 70 jaw-dropping tracks, including You Really Got Me, War Pigs, Beast and the Harlot, Crazy on You, Carry On Wayward Son, Heart-Shaped Box, Killing in the Name, Sweet Child O’ Mine, Message in a Bottle, Shout at the Devil, and Surrender.
- Content downloads: With Xbox LIVE®, grab new songs, themes, and picture packs. Download exclusive songs and check where you rank on the Guitar Hero II leaderboard.
- Multiplayer: Grab a friend and form your own rock band in Cooperative Mode. Want to see who can rule the stage? Go head-to-head with a friend in Pro Face-Off mode.
- Practice mode: It's going to take some practice to sell out stadiums and have fans screaming your name.