It was supposed to be the last job you and Vinnie would do for the mob. After this, you'd both have enough money to escape this vicious circle, and Liberty City, for good. Then Vinnie's getaway car went up in a ball of flames along with all the cash. Suddenly every cop in the city is chasing you down. You'll get out of Liberty City all right, but not before you find Vinnie's murderers and turn the tables on whomever it is that's out to get you.
Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.
Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas--a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption, where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangsters. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
Crime does pay. The hugely successful, highly controversial Grand Theft Auto franchise moves into 3 dimensions in the dark and seedy underworld of Liberty City. With the freedom to go anywhere and jack anyone, Grand Theft Auto 3 puts the dark, intriguing and ruthless world of crime at your fingertips, if you have enough guts to take it.
You will play as Tommy Vercetti. Like the past Grand Thef Auto versions, you'll have to travel around the cities completing missions that other characters have assigned to you. Each time you complete a mission, you will earn money then another mission will take place. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City contains various guns to use. One of them being a machine gun while the other can be a sniper rifle. Drive around town using hot cars or go around in an Ice Cram truck or garbage truck!
Drive, eat, shoot, recruit—these are some of the things you can do in the world of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You perform missions given to you by your "homies" to earn respect and cash that will lead you to find out who killed CJ's mother. You eat to keep your health up; keep your strength up and avoid getting fat at the gym; recruit gang members; avoid the police; get hair cuts, threads, and tattoos to look cool; gamble at the casino; etc. You get to decide what you want CJ to look like—pink hair or not. In San Andreas, there are three cities to explore instead of just one so you are free to wander.
- New Liberty City, which is divided into 3 islands, complete with stores, people, cars
- Rampage missions, package finding, drag races, and other side-missions
- Several missions from several unique bosses
- Several different weapons including a baseball bat, flamethrower, and a 9 mm
- Several vehicles besides cars that can be highjacked including tanks, huge police trucks known as "Enforcers," and others
- All new taxi, vigilante, and fire-fighting missions
- Violent content and mature themes makes this game inappropriate for anyone under 17
- All-new game
- Set in the 80s
- More freedom of movement than ever before
- Power, glamour, and corruption
- Over 100 vehicles
- Play through the entire state of San Andreas, Las Venturas(bases off Las Vega), San Fierro(San Francisco) and Las Santos(los Angeles). Including vast forests, countrysides and desert.
- Get tattoos, make modifications to your car, eat, work out and even recruit gang members.
- Ridable bicycles with pedals, the harder you hold X, the faster you go. Including BMX's and Mountain Bikes, police also have Police bikes.
- You can hold 2 weapons at once now, for twice the firepower. Also, double that again when you can have up to 4 people in a drive-by shooting.
- Drive ATV's, Quadbikes, Tractors and even a Monster Truck. Linerunners now have Trailers, including Tankers.
- Carl can now swim, along with lots of other new additions to keep it realistic. You can also smoke, roll and talk to other pedestrians.
- New stats for Muscle and Fat levels, even a handy new Stamina bar added to the HUD.
- All new weapons, including objects used in everyday life are put to good use, Shovels and Fire Extinguishers can be used as weapons.